Anyone else enjoying the new Satriani Amps?

Jaz1956

Hi fellow Axers. Have you tried out the Joe Satriani crunch/lead models yet and if so what's your take?
I've found them to be possibly the best for proper valve/tube dynamics so far. Smooth and fluid yet clean up wonderfully well with guitar volume control - just needed to add a bit of top end and you're ready to Rock!!

I've never been a fan of the regular JVM, real or Axe, but the JS JVM kicks ass. It sounds a lot smoother than the regular one.

Love them, have a whole patch dedicated to all 4 of them now. And funnily I couldn't quite gel with the JVM models that were there, the JS ones are perfect though!

I'm a big Satriani-fan. But somewhat disappointed with them. What cabs are you guys using with them?

I'm using stock cabs (see my screenshot), I think I actually got this cab block from one of the presets, possibly the Cliffs of Dover one. I also use Cab #60 (4x12 Fractal GB M160), but I prefer the stereo cabs below.

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 21.19.16.png

In addition, He also uses them in an x pattern with green backs, not sure what he is using now though. I'll bet an Bogner Uber cab would do the trick as another option.

The pre-installed F101 cab (4x12 Basketweave Green Mix) or just about any of the OwnHammer 412 MAR CB downloads do it for me:)

Both crunch and lead channel are awesome! I keep master volume pretty low, around 2 as it seems to be this model sweet spot! This is a plug and play Marshall, not much tweaking needed to get a great sound. One of my favorite in the box for sure!

Any good settings to try? I loaded it up and messed around with cabs for a few minutes, but have to leave for dinner and didn't play around much. Ideas for a metal tone?

Back
Top Bottom