Anyone else dying to trade their axe3/fc12 for a Fm9?

tfodor

Inspired
Res holder 2 days off from last shipping confirmation here. I just can't wait to downsize my rig. Will likely try to sell my axe 3 and fc 12, use the same pedalboard, and buy a 2 space rack for wireless and power amp. Oh the simplicity!

Res holder 2 days off from last shipping confirmation here. I just can't wait to downsize my rig. Will likely try to sell my axe 3 and fc 12, use the same pedalboard, and buy a 2 space rack for wireless and power amp. Oh the simplicity!
I went to the FM9 and put my AXEFXIII in my studio but I'm now back to the AXEFXIII in my rack for gigging. To me, its more simple and I have access to whatever I want with less limitations.

As an FM9 user, I have a strong desire to go the other way, and get an AXE III. This is not to replace the FM9 that I absolutely love, but to have a unit that receives updates/enhancements at a faster pace. For me, this would be the biggest benefit of owning a flagship unit that you would be giving up by going to the FM9. 2nd would be 4 Cab slots per Block. 3rd, dual Pitch Blocks. If these don't apply to you, the FM9 might be perfect since the tone sculpting capabilities are still outrageously good.

I can confirm that getting all of the latest firmware updates is one of the main benefits of owning the Axe-FX III. The FM9 is months behind the Axe-FX III in terms of updates.

Having both is a true luxury. I practice and (occasionally) record at home with the Axe-FX III and I leave my FM9, an EV-1, and some cables in the travel case ready to go for rehearsals and performances. If I had to keep only one it would be a tough choice but I think I'd choose the Axe-FX III because it can do it all.

I sent this link to someone on FB who wanted to make such a trade.
Thank you! I have had the FM9 since day 1, and am looking to upgrade for the tone match and features the FM9 can't do. Also, coming from a Helix, I like the idea of the 12 footswitches more than i like adjusting to the 9

I have both. I like them both. I wouldn't think of doing without either.

This is where I’m at; FM9 for my live rig and III in my studio. Don’t really care about updates at this point, my III hasn’t been updated in several updates now and the FM9 was already doing everything I needed it to before 2.0.

The only thing I’d consider changing as a result of having both is going from an FC6 to an FC12 with my III’s pedalboard, but it’s really overkill because I barely utilize the FC6 as it is.

I have both. I had a kneejerk reaction the day the FM9 was offered and got on the list. Fast-forward, got the availability email and bought it.

When it arrived, I looked at it and said 'what the hell am I going to do with since I have an AXE III and an FC12'? It sat in a corner for 2 months while I pondered.

I now use the FM9 as a pedalboard for the Axe III and FC12. Drives, compressors, filters, PEQ's, rotary all go into the Axe III input and the FC12 switches scenes and channels. Works great and off-loads some high CPU items from the Axe III.

1112211149a_HDR.jpg
Didn't trade, but added FM9 to FX3. One of my two FC6es went bye bye, tho....

I have both. I had a kneejerk reaction the day the FM9 was offered and got on the list. Fast-forward, got the availability email and bought it.

When it arrived, I looked at it and said 'what the hell am I going to do with since I have an AXE III and an FC12'? It sat in a corner for 2 months while I pondered.

I now use the FM9 as a pedalboard for the Axe III and FC12. Drives, compressors, filters, PEQ's, rotary all go into the Axe III input and the FC12 switches scenes and channels. Works great and off-loads some high CPU items from the Axe III.
That is kinda how I use mine. Added some MIDI CC via a pair ExpressionIO boxes to get more control switch, pedal, and slider capability, and get CC pedal info available during recording. Can theoretically run 4 amps at a time, too....

I had an FM9 and while it was nice, I really preferred my III overall.
Sold the 9 and got an FM3 as a backup and smaller setup.

Back
Top Bottom