Anyone Else Checking Regularly for a Post NAMM Fractal Announcement

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question. I am highly considering purchasing one but if there is a newer one possibly coming out I will wait. That is not my question though. My question is, I am very new to fractal and from the old threads of read you don't just simply order and it arrives at your door. It almost sounds like there is a waiting period which can be short to very long. Is that still going on?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question. I am highly considering purchasing one but if there is a newer one possibly coming out I will wait. That is not my question though. My question is, I am very new to fractal and from the old threads of read you don't just simply order and it arrives at your door. It almost sounds like there is a waiting period which can be short to very long. Is that still going on?

Yes
Any new product will start at release with a wait list most likely

The same as the regular price now I think. It might have been a bit more. The first units were built in the US, now production is moved to China.

Fractal usually announces a product including price and opens a wait list at the same time. Then it will be quite a while before they start shipping to the first people on the waiting list. With Axe III, it was only a few months which is quite fast compared to AX8

I don't think a new AXX will be released soon. Pure speculation here, but if a new product release was imminent they would be funneling 100% of their companies resources into that. Working on an Axe-FXII firmware update is something a company probably does in their "down time".

I don't think a new AXX will be released soon. Pure speculation here, but if a new product release was imminent they would be funneling 100% of their companies resources into that. Working on an Axe-FXII firmware update is something a company probably does in their "down time".

Or for closure So that they can work on new products

Almost 3 years with the AX8 and highly doubt the next FAS offering will be so much of a step above this pedal.
I love it and can see myself using it 5 years from now.

If a next gen AXx pedal does get released, I will keep my AX8 and maybe sell my other amps, pedals & PA gear gathering dust.
With the AX8, I never had such an arsenal of tone and still use perhaps 5% of its abilities.

Very happy AX8 owner here.

How do you know they aren't funneling their resources into a new AXX or FXX?

I’m looking forward to the next gen unit, if it followed them same form factor and just had the next gen cpu, internals and continue with firmware updates we'd be so lucky.
But I also suspect there will be many other improvements on an already kick ass product.

How do you know they aren't funneling their resources into a new AXX or FXX?

I don't know anything for sure but I work for a company that's heavy invested in R&D and we always have a shortage of manpower which has to be carefully allocated. If Fractal was in the process of coding firmware for a new product, it's my hunch that all available resources would be assigned to getting that completed, and side projects like the FXII firmware update would have been put on the back burner until it was completed.

I don't know anything for sure but I work for a company that's heavy invested in R&D and we always have a shortage of manpower which has to be carefully allocated. If Fractal was in the process of coding firmware for a new product, it's my hunch that all available resources would be assigned to getting that completed, and side projects like the FXII firmware update would have been put on the back burner until it was completed.

Well, I'm not sure about the other units, not the FX8 hasn't had an update in 17 months. What about the other units like the AX8 or the II?

And the II just got it's final big beta update with very little room for improvement unless is bug fixing. The AX8 is a relatively young product (3 years by the time?) and currently in production so I'm hoping for more updates although I completely understand that the III is top priority for FAS and the coding and hardware capabilities are more limited in terms of porting stuff than it was for the II.

And the II just got it's final big beta update with very little room for improvement unless is bug fixing. The AX8 is a relatively young product (3 years by the time?) and currently in production so I'm hoping for more updates although I completely understand that the III is top priority for FAS and the coding and hardware capabilities are more limited in terms of porting stuff than it was for the II.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but even though the AX8 is still in production, my understanding is the SHARC chips are out of production.

Also, 3 years doesn't seem that young by Fractal standards as they seem to release a new Axe unit every 4 years on average. Give or take. That's just my observation though.

I'm not sure if this is true or not but even though the AX8 is still in production, my understanding is the SHARC chips are out of production.

Also, 3 years doesn't seem that young by Fractal standards as they seem to release a new Axe unit every 4 years on average. Give or take. That's just my observation though.

Its not the SHARC they still have some i think
It is newer than the AX2 but the biggest issue is that it only has
About 50^% of the AX2 Cpu

I check it every day. After selling most of the tube amps because of moving to a smaller house, I am waiting for a portable FAS product with headphone plug and soundcard for direct recording; - like a Helix LT with FAS sound quality.

my understanding is the SHARC chips are out of production
The TigerSHARC chip is out of production, which the Axe-FXII is based on. The 450 MHz ADSP-21469s is still in production and per Analog Devices (the manufacturer) it is "Recommended for New Designs."

Almost 3 years with the AX8 and highly doubt the next FAS offering will be so much of a step above this pedal.
I love it and can see myself using it 5 years from now.

If a next gen AXx pedal does get released, I will keep my AX8 and maybe sell my other amps, pedals & PA gear gathering dust.
@Pete1959 I agree I will definitely keep my AX8 if a new version comes out. This unit ROCKS!

Back
Top Bottom