Anyone actually happy here and enjoying their gear?

In my diatribe, I forgot to mention:

I've been happy for 12 years. Deliriously so. So much that I have not looked seriously at another amp since. I do not count my recent thoughts of a small tube amp for fun (which still may happen.)

<<< Happy guy over there.

Always something else to want, such as a foot controller... but that's not much of a complaint when you're griping because you want to spend more money with a company and they won't let you.

No sir, the only thing holding me back is lack of talent. :)

I'm happy.

The AX8 (and AX8 Edit) solved my long-term issue of never being happy with my tone; now I'm always happy with my tone, though I do keep tweaking my presets and I keep trying new ideas. So, not only am I happy, but it all keeps getting better.

I've also learned (and I keep learning) a lot about amps, speakers, and effects from working with all of the settings for each block in AX8 Edit.

And, I've learned a lot from the members of this forum, for which I am grateful. So, thank you Fractal community members.

Sometimes I'll play a single chord and just sit and listen to the tone. Very happy.

Very happy with AFII. Not motivated to move up to AFIII at this time. I can nail tones that once required an unsafe level of volume. I can access effects that once required an ungodly amount of money. I can impress... Did I mention all the effects?

Another totally satisfied customer here. No product is perfect, but the Axe II is closer to it than anything else I've used. It wouldn't be the internet without a bit of pissing and moaning after all.

I've been happy for 12 years. Deliriously so. So much that I have not looked seriously at another amp since. I do not count my recent thoughts of a small tube amp for fun (which still may happen.)
I've got a Vetta II 2x12 combo + 2x12 external and an HD100 into a Marshall 1960A that are both just sitting in my home studio, lonely, collecting dust. I haven't even plugged them in since getting my MkII in 2013, much less G.A.S.'d over any new amps/cabs. I've not been this content with my tone capabilities since...well...ever.

Now...my guitar and keyboard collections...whole nutha ball-o-wax. =)

It seems most unhappiness I have encountered around here has been brought on by an upstart giving us technology that goes beyond what most imagined possible much less what a company could or would do for them! Cliff, by making his magic box... has also opened a pandoras box(knowing what can be achieved, future possibilities will never come soon enough).

Interesting you should say this.

Being settled in an amp has opened up a whole new world for me. I was always 'good' at keys, but now that I've been set on amps, I play so much keyboard too. It's so much fun to have a guitar hanging, play Piano with left hand, and Organ/synth tone on the right, bounce into a solo on the break. Woo!

I have an excellent Guitar stable now.

Ancillary benefit. All that money that went to amps now goes to expanding musical horizons.

Probably why I never post is don't have anything to complain about. Been loving the Fractal since 2010, from the Standard to the Axefx 2, and now the AX8.

Don't really need the Axefx 3, but I'll probably buy it because Fractal makes such great products, turns off the GAS like right now, boom! Just buy strings.

And play yer guitar.

I've got a Vetta II 2x12 combo + 2x12 external and an HD100 into a Marshall 1960A that are both just sitting in my home studio, lonely, collecting dust. I haven't even plugged them in since getting my MkII in 2013, much less G.A.S.'d over any new amps/cabs. I've not been this content with my tone capabilities since...well...ever.

Axe FX into Vetta sounds quite good: I've got one in the corner of the garage that gets used as a practice rig once in a blue moon

The 5% complaining always seem bigger than the 95% that aren't saying anything because they focus their energy in other places. It's become a staple of the modern world that you get attention when you complain or are dramatic and no one pays attention when you don't.
Is it really our fault, or what we've let the modern world become. I mean ten thousand good things will happen everyday but the news and all people want to talk about are the five bad things that happened!! Why do we make the bad bigger than the good? Like it or not I think we are not just influenced but somewhat programmed by what we allow to go on around us. Hopefully we will collectively change this some day.

I'm ecstatically happy over here. All the way around. I'm building a studio. I have interfaces I couldn't be more pleased with. Great mics. Building rooms. I have the Axe Fx III and AX8 and two Xitones. Life is good.

I'm very, very happy as well.

I think one of the problems is that the more you get, the more you want. With most products from other brands, you have a much lower expectation that anything will ever improve once you buy the product. But with Fractal being Fractal and constantly giving us updates for free and actually listening to us - their customers, we (collectively as customers) then also get a much higher expectation that things will always continue to improve and have new things added. And once we have these higher expectation, we start to imagine all sorts of things that could be added or improved and when those expectations are not met that's when the perceived negative comments start.

Or put it anything way - just because we already have the best product doesn't mean that we don't want it to (and expect it to) be even better. This is not a sign of unhappiness.

...Rock music is dying and when the last of the major rock bands die or retire nothing will replace them. Unless a miracle happens rock will suffer the same fate as the music styles it supplanted.

Yeah, I've noticed the demographic of the local rock bands and their audiences gets older every year. For the most part, the working bands in this town (including mine) are made up of old guys playing music by old guys, to an audience of old guys and former groupies. There are a select few who can still eke out a marginal living here, but most of us are weekend warriors with regular jobs and mortgages. But at least we're still having fun and making people happy. And to me, that's what counts the most.

...No sir, the only thing holding me back is lack of talent. :)

Same dog bites me on a daily basis, lol. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom