Anyone’s try Focal Shape monitors?

bke

Inspired
anyone try these with the axe FX, how were they?

Thinking of getting Adam ax7,s but considering these also. Don’t have opportunity to test in advance

Cheers

anyone try these with the axe FX, how were they?

Thinking of getting Adam ax7,s but considering these also. Don’t have opportunity to test in advance

Cheers
They are getting very good reviews, I have not heard them, but I can testify that their older and more expensive Focal Solos have served me very well with generations of AxeFx...

I haven't heard them and there isn't any measurement data available to say this or that. I'm sure it sounds good.

But Focal doesn't seem to care about quality control for their lineups in this price range. The Shape and the previous CMS line both have notable quality control issues that people complain about on other forums. Some CMS had transformer noise, and some Shape have non-functional or faulty standby function. I don't know why they can't do QC right on a $1000 speaker, but since they've shown they don't do it right in this price range I'd be wary.

I haven't heard them and there isn't any measurement data available to say this or that. I'm sure it sounds good.

But Focal doesn't seem to care about quality control for their lineups in this price range. The Shape and the previous CMS line both have notable quality control issues that people complain about on other forums. Some CMS had transformer noise, and some Shape have non-functional or faulty standby function. I don't know why they can't do QC right on a $1000 speaker, but since they've shown they don't do it right in this price range I'd be wary.

Hmm, that’s not what you would expect in that price range alright.. will do some research

I have a set of Focal Alpha 80s, they really do sound good, however, the plastic/composite cabinets seem to make some odd creaking cracking sounds when the heat comes on, I presume from expansion contraction.

Have owned focal alpha 50: just sold. I liked them but quite big for 5” monitors (and call me shallow but kinda ugly too in my op. Have my eye in new shape 50’ or 2nd hand Adam ax7 or for some more €€€ 2nd hand focal solo 6be’s. My room is small so think th ebigger monitors may be too much. Can’t go to a shop to check any of these unfortunately so am having a tough time deciding.

I don’t do mixing or anything super critical like that. Just want the axe to sound as good as it can without gong into silly money.

Back
Top Bottom