Anymore Firmware updates?

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but is there still going to be anymore updates for the Axe Fx 2?

Currently running a Mark II and am just wondering if I should expect anymore updates. I'm sure there is more room on the XL models for expansion and what not, but I'm curious to see how this will all pan out as the focus at this point in time and indefinitely is on the III.

I wouldn't mind having some additional FX models instead. 262 amps, or 263, I only use 3 or 4 of them anyway. And the amps already sounded fine to me several firmware upgrades ago. I'd rather have some more FX love instead.

The Axe's already have more effects, and flexibility to tweak them, than my old analog rig did years ago. While I wouldn't pass up another FW update on my XL, the magic black box already sounds killer and has more functionality in it than I use anyway. Since an Axe III isn't in the budget for the foreseeable future, I'll be using the II for quite some time...and I'm happy with that.

The Axe's already have more effects, and flexibility to tweak them, than my old analog rig did years ago. While I wouldn't pass up another FW update on my XL, the magic black box already sounds killer and has more functionality in it than I use anyway. Since an Axe III isn't in the budget for the foreseeable future, I'll be using the II for quite some time...and I'm happy with that.

That’s where I am. I was playing a gig the other week and there were times when I was really conscious of how great the dynamic response was to my playing. And of course totally digging how I could plug direct to the PA and have great tone.

There's at least one more coming, as Cliff dropped a "Soon." regarding a new amp for the Axe 2.

But think about it this way - what's the Axe 2 missing? If it didn't get another update, it certainly wouldn't get "worse"... and when I think about it, if it stopped being updated two years ago, I'd still love it and it'd still be my rig.

Don't let G.A.S. tug you away from the logical choices!

There's at least one more coming, as Cliff dropped a "Soon." regarding a new amp for the Axe 2.

But think about it this way - what's the Axe 2 missing? If it didn't get another update, it certainly wouldn't get "worse"... and when I think about it, if it stopped being updated two years ago, I'd still love it and it'd still be my rig.

The only thing that I miss was the old Boss OC-2 algorythm that was used for the octaver which was replaced a few years ago. I thought the old version sounded better for my uses. I wish they would have the option of choosing "Classic" (OC-2) or "Modern" (whatever the new octaver is supposed to be called) like they did for the noise gate.

And just out of curiousity, what's the big deal about the tri-chorus? Not being contrarian, I just don't know.

I wouldn't mind having some additional FX models instead. 262 amps, or 263, I only use 3 or 4 of them anyway. And the amps already sounded fine to me several firmware upgrades ago. I'd rather have some more FX love instead.

You took the words right out of my mouth. It must have been while you... woah no no no. Anyway yeah I'm with you. I use two amps only. Need better development for the FX. Update the Synth block please!!!!

Look at the wish list. Lots of awesome ideas in there. Too many to list here.

Probably some updates with the amp and bug fixes, but as far as the sound goes probably not. This is fine with me because I could not be happier with the way the unit sounds!

Tri-chorus. After that I think I’m all set.

Exactly what I am thinking! I highly doubt there will be more updates. And I don't care if there are no more firmware updates but I would want an official statement from Fractal saying this is the very last thing for the Axe II. So we can put it to rest, enjoy what we have and don't have to hope for more. So if there are no more updates I would want to know.

I never understood why people are so fixated on getting new firmware upgrades all the time. Just when you have your presets sounding all nice and spanky, BAM, along comes a new firmware upgrade and the tweaking starts again. One of the biggest objections I hear against the Axe FX from other guitarist is that 'yes, it sounds fine, but then I would have to tweak all the time, I just want to play'. Try countering that when you have to retweak your presets after every upgrade. If we didn't get another upgrade for a whole year that would be perfectly fine with me. Or new FX only, that would be cool too.

Back
Top Bottom