Anybody using the Dunlop DVP3's?

Joero6

Inspired
Just curious as to how well they work with the Axe units. I currently use them with my Rocktron All Access controller with my rack gear and love them. However, I know that not all pieces of gear get along all the time. Joe

I can recommend them. Smaller than the Fractal pedal, wide travel and smooth, adjustable, with a standard 10K pot that can be switched to operate in either polarity.

But ... I use mine a lot and it's now partially broken. The rubber pedal mat needed to be re-glued (not a biggie), but the steel band inside that operates the pot broke after about 2 years (just one of the 3 strands so far). I decided to get a replacement and I see that the steel band has now been replaced with a thin plastic band of the same design. Not sure whether it's an improvement or cost cutting; I guess I'll have to wait another 2 years to find out :)

But overall I still like them.

I use my DVP3 to control gain on my amp and it works great. The only downside is that it's lower than other pedals so I had to build the bottom of it up to get it high enough to be the correct height close to my MFC for my big ass feet but that's not a big deal. I use the DVP3, a Mission EP1-R pedal for wah and a home built expression pedal from a wah shell with a Mission pot and gear for overall volume and they all work great. I'd like to have another DVP3 for my volume but isn't in the budget right now. The travel on the DVP3 was a little long for wah compared to the Mission but it was still usable.

Back
Top Bottom