Anybody using Motor Drive?

Randall d

Experienced
I found this to be a very useful parameter (running about 2.5) and am really missing it on my AX8. I find myself wondering if there is a way to simulate the effect with other paramers (that are available on the AX8).

Yep, since it was redone it sounds fantastic and I use it on every patch. I don't even know what it does (not what it replicates but what practical effect it has on the tone), but I love it.

Didn't know it wasn't in the AX8 though, that sucks.

Parameter: Motor Drive
  • This models the effect of high power levels on the tone of the speaker. Motor Drive controls the relative drive level and, therefore, the intensity of the effect.
  • Not supported on the AX8.
  • When using two Ultra-Res cabs in a preset, don't use Motor Drive on only one of them, because this will may a hollow sound.
  • Cliff's comments:
    • "Motor drive isn't EQ. It models efficiency reduction due to thermal effects." source And: "What I have found is that thermal compression is somewhat noticeable and measurable. This is modeled by the Motor Drive parameter."
    • "Motor Drive will cause compression if not set to zero (as it models driver compression). Otherwise the cab block is completely linear and will not cause any compression.

I love this parameter in combination with using speaker drive in the amp block. It really sounds like you are pushing a speaker box to insane SPL without needing to go deaf.

I´ve also used it till I found out that causes noise! I increased till 3, but I didn´t like the noise.

I use it quit often but at around .30 and I don't like it after 1. It's definitely a part of my tone sculpture. I just about learned what all the controls do in the amp block
If you can get to that point this thing is a tone universe

I use it quit often but at around .30 and I don't like it after 1. It's definitely a part of my tone sculpture. I just about learned what all the controls do in the amp block
If you can get to that point this thing is a tone universe
Nice to see, you have the same preferred setting as me .30
It gives a touch of colour without being too dominant.

Back
Top Bottom