Anybody using EV2 for Wah?

Yes, I use it for that with my AX8. Good pedal, small and well made. Frankly I prefer the feel of a larger pedal, likely just from familiarity. I normally use a Mission pedal with my rack Axe Fx. I might try the EV1 at some point, which looks more size-wise like my old Ernie Ball volume pedal. The Mission pedals feel the most familiar to me, though.

Mine came in the mail today. I'll have to let you know. I think the compact size is going to be great.

Update : wow , it's smaller than I expected.
IMG_20180401_003830.jpg
It was almost comical when I opened the box. The EV1 is on the BIG side , while the EV2 is kinda ....small. Should work great. Size 10 shoe here. If my feet were bigger , ehh , I don't know ?

Last edited:
Yes ...its a nice smooth feel. I use it either along side my two missions or with just another pedal. I like it best for volume...and the mission for wah

I have both and EV1 and EV2 and swap between volume block and wah for each from time to time.
Ctrl1 => Wah
Ctrl2 => Volume
Personal preference would be EV2 for volume and EV1 for wah.

Time will tell if that changes again. Some of the wide sweeps of wah are less desirable when using but that can be dialed in.

To start over, I think I would go with both pedals being EV2's actually despite having size 12 feet.
Totally a personal preference but I hate the tiny micro expression pedals (obviously) and have an unused Ernie Ball Jr. put aside preferring the smaller EV2.

I have some EV-1's and can't justify selling them to get the 2's. And I love the 1's!
But if I had to start over I also believe that I would get all 2's

John

I have one, I use it as a volume pedal. It works great. I don't use it as a wah pedal because I have a JP cry baby, but I've tested it as a expression pedal, it's fine. Plus, small and handy, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom