Anybody that worked on Camel's Andrew Latimer sound?

Really nice.

Have you tried using a Marshall type amp?
Most of the stuff I've seen him with were Marshall amps, might be that extra % you're missing

Really nice.

Have you tried using a Marshall type amp?
Most of the stuff I've seen him with were Marshall amps, might be that extra % you're missing

I will try them

I was inspired by this video where he is using a Vox for the Les Paul, and a Bassman with a Marshall cab for the Strat. But I ended up with the tiny Gibson Scout

It is very mid-scooped. I had to do this:
1676726477088.png
1676726528217.png

Last edited:
I am in start of a Camel Tribute and took a lot of time in his sound, i focus on his newer sound and the Marshall JTM45 or 1959 get's you there, and offcourse a Ts and a Rat, or the Twin and a Rat and a Clapton midboost on a Strat with either Lace Sensor's or the later pick up's is instant Ice.

Don't forget Andy plays LP, my PRS comes close to the tone but mij LP nails it.

Last edited:
I am in start of a Camel Tribute and took a lot of time in his sound, i focus on his newer sound and the Marshall 1959 get's you there, and offcourse a Ts and a Rat, or the Twin and a Rat and a Clapton midboost on a Strat with either Lace Sensor's or the later pick up's is instant Ice.

Don't forget Andy plays LP, my PRS comes close to the tone but mij LP nails it.

Wow! Congratulations for the Camel project. I wish it is successful, and I hope that we can listen something soon.

Are you using amps and pedals or the Axe-FX?

Wow! Congratulations for the Camel project. I wish it is successful, and I hope that we can listen something soon.

Are you using amps and pedals or the Axe-FX?
All Axe FX 3 and or fm9, de drives are good these days and the 1959 is really close to the tone on

Here the bassman with tremolo, good to replicate also, beautifull to see how Andy sings Rajaz, and Peter on sax ..... just wow

Hello,

I have looked everywhere. I could find information on his rig and effects but how to translate that into a preset when I don't even know how some of the effects sound like?
How do you go about working out such a sound from scratch?
The Axe-change forum is mostly just metal and hard-rock, not exactly what I am looking for...
So am I looking for the same~

Back
Top Bottom