Anybody on a diet?

I had pretty good results with the Keto diet. Lost about 35-40 lbs. Found it easy to stick to once i got started and didn't really feel the urge to cheat. Going another route right now, but might give it another shot.

I was on many diets in the last few years (just to control my weights since due to my job I have to eat out of home many times a week) then I start running, once a week, then twice and now three days a week. At the beginning my weight stayed the same but then (after a couple of months) started to decrease. Now I'm fine with my 40 km a week (and I can eat everything I want ;)).

I used to be 125lbs but my cholesterol was above 350, so I started eating better and increasing fiber and my cholesterol is now under 150 but I gained 40lbs WTF!

In the next couple months I plan to go on a strick Axe-Fx III diet and increase my FC-12 intake by 4. I'll be doing many different forms of the happy dance to work out every part of my body. :D

Only thing that works for me is counting calories, so I'm doing that again - down 24lbs since Dec. Don't drink as much pop, or soda - depending on where you're from, and scaled back on alcohol too. Also try to work out every day on the elliptical for 45-60 mins...unless I was super snacky all day - that extends the workout time. :)

49. But I'm not kidding about the 2 to 3 hours working out a day part. I used to really hate sports as a kid, now however I love doing it.
OK, that is quite impressive. It gets a lot harder as we get older. I grew up being a sports nut as a kid, then was way too into music from my late teens and didn't even care about sports for the longest time. Stayed kind of active in other ways, but nothing like I was growing up when I was always playing something with my friends, basketball, football, you name it. (And I wonder why I have aches and pains every morning. LOL)

I am 54, and I guess it was about 12-14 years ago, I was really eating great and exercising moderately... not that 2-3 hours a day, but with the way I ate, I got down very close to what I figured was my right weight. Then I changed to a job that was more office based, and was working with a group that always seemed to have something to snack on and insisted on sharing, not to mention having potlucks about every month for one reason or another. I tried to resist for some time, but I gave in and it wasn't long before I was eating as poorly as ever, even on my own time.

Besides the kids around here, is there anybody not on a diet.
I'm not.

Probably should be though. I'm sure I don't eat enough calories and I know I have too much sugar in my diet.

44 years old, and have gone to the gym 3-4 days a week since I was 18.
I do very little cardio, heavy on the weight training. I've done P90X 1 and 2 a couple times too, they're good workouts and have more cardio than I normally would do.
All of the above has kept my weight in check. Maybe once a year I will take a week off from the gym (either because I'm travelling or sick).
I have zero health issues, and never have (yet). (IMO) It's because of my consistency at the gym.
I do agree though that diet is a huge component...I guess my diet is 'ok', so I haven't gained much at all over the years.

I have a small amount of waistline I wouldn't mind trimming up...but I can still wear pants I had in college and I'm not showing my abs off to anyone other than my pregnant wife, so she's already impressed...ha.

Last edited:
Just eat potatoes, corn, peas, rice, oats, wheat, quinoa, sweet potato, tomatoes, pasta, instead of animals and their products, and no bottled oil, and we will all be fit and ready to rock all night. As much as you can eat. That's my diet. That includes pizza, spaghetti, pancakes, potato pancakes, bread, you name it, just no oil/meat/dairy so it takes a bit of adjustment. I gotta tell ya, if you're not feeling on top of the world, and it's a chronic condition getting you down, this is your solution, everyone's way out, way back to feeling good, and off any pills or potions to keep conditions at bay. It worked for me, and i'm not looking back, and it will work for everyone - body feels happy and you return to the way you should be - thought my pals that are suffering would want to know.

Regarding palio - it doesn't look like we shed pounds on the paloi diet because our bodies are happy, as it turns out. We loose pounds when our bodies are struggling too. It looks like we loose weight as the body goes into ketosis and the body reacts to that, with possible lasting affects. Thought I better pass that on. Kudos to everyone who takes their bodies seriously and wants it running at it's best. :)

I do Intermittent Fasting (IF), combined with nutritional timing, meaning I delay my carbohydrate intake for the day until post workout. Although I do workout regularly (3 days a week), I believe that IF is beneficial even for those of us that don't work out.

This.

Fasting has had a profound effect on me. Strict water fast for a week (only difficult for the first two or so days, then it's easy) then switch to either 5/2 or 16/8 IF. Workout prior to window opening and then pound protein once in the window (goal of 1g per pound of body weight).
Water is your friend.

Fasting makes sense on so many levels and the benefits extend well beyond weight loss.

Used to be addicted to Diet Coke...like seriously addicted. Kicking that was dramatically noticeable...can't believe how willingly I poisoned myself all those years.

1A3BA185-EF33-4018-9631-0FF70E7E57BE.jpeg 0C729A53-AF88-4F06-83AD-46C6FE9E6460.jpeg

I was diagnosed with Diabetes last June. I said enough is enough. I lost 84 pounds since last June. I have kept it off since making weight in oct. I’m no longer diabetic, and I’m no longer taking cholesterol medication. I no longer have back or knee pain. Live is much different these days for me.

Last edited:
Inspirational pics and post Scott. My biggest thing is arthritis in the hip, and a few minor aches and pains. I did the change a dozen years ago, and I know I can do it again. Thanks for sharing your story. You are definitely looking good, but being free from the medication (and the side effects) is the biggest reward of all.

OP, glad you started this thread. Kinda reminds me that I need to get things back in focus. I know there are rockers of all ages on this forum, but I think a lot of us are people who survived the 80s and/or 90s and lived to tell about it, and we are in that age where we realize how important health is.

View attachment 44774 View attachment 44773

I was diagnosed with Diabetes last June. I said enough is enough. I lost 84 pounds since last June. I have kept it off since making weight in oct. I’m no longer diabetic, and I’m no longer taking cholesterol medication. I know longer have back or knee pain. Live is much different these days for me.
Damn, son! You did lose a couple. Nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom