Anybody know what date Atomic is up to on CLR wait list?

Good to see so many are finally getting to order their CLRs.. look forward to hearing what everyone thinks once they get them dialed in. I've been very satisfied with my two for months now.

Got my invite about an hour ago and the shipment notification within that hour as per Tom's usual amazing service.

I signed up sometime in early to mid June I believe. I accidentally deleted my confirmation email a while ago.

Also, for anyone wondering shipping is a flat rate $39. Total price should be 1038.95 for a powered speaker for anyone in the US.

Got my invite over the weekend. I signed up in early June. I'm expecting a visit from the UPS man on Monday of next week!

Cheers, Mike

Fast Turn-Around......

Added to List: May 11th
Received Invite: September 18th, 7:07 AM PDT
Placed Order w/Atomic: September 18th, 7:16 AM PDT
Received Shipping Notification: September 18th, 8:59 AM PDT

Guessing I'll get early next week (located near Lake Tahoe)

Received mine this morning. Pure awesome. Although all my patches are massively boomy... But I doubt that would have anything to do with the fact they were created on 5" Yamaha monitors :)

So glad I've got the day off.

Added to list May 14, just received invite today. Ordered two CLR Active Wedges. Total + shipping to Cali = $2,077.90

added to list June 25th 2013
got my "you are on the top of the list" email this morning.
I've got until 11:59pm on the 20th to order... so glad I get paid on the 20th as I would hate to miss it after 3 months waiting.

just got it. just a snafu thats all. he replied to my e-mail i sent with in 30 mins. customer service doesn't get too much better than that. its good to see some companies still take pride in there service.

Toms a great guy to deal with. I'm also looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts after receiving their CLR's...I'm very happy with mine. Excellent solution for the Axe...

Went on the CLR waiting list July 12th. Just got me invitation today (September 23).

Will chime back in when the shipment arrives, and also hope to contribute a review (thread), with specific focus on using the CLRs for bass guitar, as well as for vocal and/or general duty live stage monitors and FOH speakers for small gigs (PA on a stick).

:D :D :D :D

I got my two last week. I am still in the testing phase. One of them started out by showing a volume going up and down by 6 dB at random times problem. I thought it was the Axe, but no. I think it was a bad cable, but it could be a thermal issue as well. I have to wait for the core of the amp to cool down completely and start it up a couple of times.

I thought it sounded pretty good compared to my FBT Verve 12ma's. You can hear that the response is flatter, but the clarity is not that much better.

The issue that I have with it is the handle is wrong direction for me. If you lift and try to balance it on your leg such that the handle is roughly parallel to your calf which is the least stressful position for your hand, your leg gets the narrow edge on one side or the controls on the other if your balanced on your left leg. The controls themselves and the cooling radiator are not nearly well protected enough to take the hit. It's a broken knob job waiting to happen, and it's more difficult to get up and down stairs than the Verves. Better for me would be resting the bottom side on your leg which would be more comfortable if handle was rotated 90 degrees.

IMG_2812.jpg

It's arrived!! It's a good thing Tom packages these well because I had the opportunity to watch the UPS guy drop it no less than three times on several different sides from his truck to my door from a height of about 2 feet each time.

Anyways, I have only gotten to do a very brief plug'n play just to make sure it was working ok. I have practice in about two hours so I'll give a review then. I'll be comparing it with the same patches I used on my previous K12 that I returned to GC yesterday.

Well practice went really great. The CLR and the K12 are both fantastic options. I would say the CLR does have more clarity and a bit more high end probably. The thing I noticed though is that with the K12 in order to hear myself in a band setting in a tiny room, I had to stand directly in front of my speaker. With the CLR however I could stand anywhere I wanted and I was never lost in the mix. Basically the exact same thing every else has said. The controls on the CLR are very user friendly as well. I had no fear of setting it up for the first time for practice and not knowing what I was doing.

Also, if anyone doubts the volume on the CLR, I had it set to a little less than half volume and I couldn't turn the Axe FX any more than 2 or 3 before I started to over power the drummer and everyone else.

anything wrong with the atomic logo? looks washed out

comparing to this one

CLR_Wedge2.jpg

also.. yours have more screws than the one in this picture...

Back
Top Bottom