Anybody know what date Atomic is up to on CLR wait list?

Ohhhh I think we just blasted through all of May in a few days. I bet in a month or two at this pace there won't be a wait list at all. So close!

I ran out of time in which I could afford not to have a speaker. I ended up getting a QSC K12 and so far I'm liking it a lot. I'm having to adjust the patches I've made with my small studio monitors because they sound drastically different through a real FRFR. I'm planning on returning it once I have the CLR though because I can't afford to keep both (unless I want to go a few months without eating).

Anyone had/have both that can compare?

K12 vs. CLR?

The CLR will sincerely blow you away if you like the K12. I've worked with quite a few K12/K10 users; even between those the overwhelming preference is the K10. The K12 is fine, but the CLR is in a significantly different class of gear IMHO.

I appreciate the input. That's kind of what I had figured. I didn't realize the 10 was preferred over the 12. I didn't want the K12 at all but I'm a college student at a music school and the semester started, so I had to get something in the meantime for rehearsals and such... My return deadline on the K12 is the 25th so I've got my fingers crossed for getting the CLR before then. I may have to improvise for a week or two if that's what it comes down to because I definitely have to return the K12 in time. I can't keep it and the CLR both for money reasons.

Depending on how the CLR turns out I may get a second with my tax return next year. Or save up for a new MacBook pro... mine is getting to be out of date and showing it's age =/

Sorry this is way too much honesty for this thread :lol:lol I doubt y'all care this much.

K12 vs. CLR?

The CLR will sincerely blow you away if you like the K12. I've worked with quite a few K12/K10 users; even between those the overwhelming preference is the K10. The K12 is fine, but the CLR is in a significantly different class of gear IMHO.

The CLR allowed me to retire two QSC K10s.

The CLR allowed me to retire two QSC K10s.

A pair of K12's here. The K12's worked well, no doubt. The CLR is at different level. The two things that I liked about it is that the output is flat and the dispersion. It sounds the same in any direction. The K12 not so much. I had to do more EQ tweaking with the K12. With the CLR I don't. The CLR is plenty loud too. The beauty is such that it sounds good across the entire audio spectrum is that you don't always have to turn it up as loud. You can if you need too.

May 11th here......feels like I'm getting close. Ordered a cover from Studio Slips a couple of weeks ago, so it may end up getting here perfectly.

As much as I was shaking my head at some people earlier, I'm finding myself checking my e-mail regurarly for my notice.....

Just got mine! So, the OWNHAMMER cabs are a MUST. After the first 30 min, it's the only time I've said "holy phuck"

Just got mine! So, the OWNHAMMER cabs are a MUST. After the first 30 min, it's the only time I've said "holy phuck"

Hi Tonaholic,

Just curious how long shipping took? I got my invite Tuesday morning, placed the order for 2 Active cabs immediately and within an hour had my shipping confirmation (excellent work, thanks Tom!). The shipping was fairly costly as I am in Ontario, Canada and I assumed it was expedited (which I believe it was) but 5 days later the tracking info is still showing them in New York, NY? I would have expected a 2-3 day shipping timeframe.

Thanks,
D

Hi Tonaholic,

Just curious how long shipping took? I got my invite Tuesday morning, placed the order for 2 Active cabs immediately and within an hour had my shipping confirmation (excellent work, thanks Tom!). The shipping was fairly costly as I am in Ontario, Canada and I assumed it was expedited (which I believe it was) but 5 days later the tracking info is still showing them in New York, NY? I would have expected a 2-3 day shipping timeframe.

Thanks,
D

You'll lose some time in customs, especially a box with "Atomic" plastered on it! Get your sleep now... trust me. :encouragement:

I received my invitation (its the weekend mind you - Thank you Tom King) and have ordered my CLRs. I am sure glad I found this thread!!!

I signed up on May 13 and got my invite Sunday 9/15. I ordered 100 active wedges!

Naw just kidding, I ordered two active wedges. I was just playing through my Xitone passive wedge and it's going to be very interesting to compare. Looking forward to hearing what it's all about!!

Back
Top Bottom