Anybody here use a real volume pedal in the FX loop of the AX8?

Random Hero

Inspired
Just tried it and it seems to work just fine. It's a low impedance model so I guess it shouldn't affect the tone at all either?

It does work fine, but I don’t really see the point. Your limited to the sweep, functionality, et al of the pedal, while if you use an exp pedal, you can modify a volume block, output etc, anywhere in the signal chain, pre amp, post amp, and you can adjust the curve, and taper of the pedal etc

I took all my old volume pedals and modded them with a linear taper pot so they became expression pedals and find I can do tons more with them.

It does work fine, but I don’t really see the point. Your limited to the sweep, functionality, et al of the pedal, while if you use an exp pedal, you can modify a volume block, output etc, anywhere in the signal chain, pre amp, post amp, and you can adjust the curve, and taper of the pedal etc

I took all my old volume pedals and modded them with a linear taper pot so they became expression pedals and find I can do tons more with them.

^^^^^^^ Totally agree

Well, I do agree with that. I have a gig on the 27th in Dubai and no time to get another expression, hence why I'm using an actual volume pedal, haha! I do have one expression that I'm using for Wah.

Back
Top Bottom