Anybody have repair experience with Atomic Reactor?

tonyi

Inspired
Any Fractal users ever have to get an Atomic Reactor FRFR amp repaired? Mine made a noise like a cable with short in it and then quit (although, the power and standby lights are still on) with a slight smell of sonething burning. I know they are discontinued. I have emailed Atomic twice but got no response so I am assuming they no longer service them. My amp tech checked the power amp, preamp, plugs, caps, resistors, and input and output jacks but no sound. I hate to throw it away. Any suggestions for a repair center? Thanks!

I would think you could bring it to any tube amp repair shop.
They'll be able to figure it out.

Any Fractal users ever have to get an Atomic Reactor FRFR amp repaired? Mine made a noise like a cable with short in it and then quit (although, the power and standby lights are still on) with a slight smell of sonething burning. I know they are discontinued. I have emailed Atomic twice but got no response so I am assuming they no longer service them. My amp tech checked the power amp, preamp, plugs, caps, resistors, and input and output jacks but no sound. I hate to throw it away. Any suggestions for a repair center? Thanks!

Yep. I had different symptoms to you, lots of intermittent static, sound would cut out completely for a while then it would come back for a while after rebooting before failing again. Turnd out it was just the tubes needed replacing. Was good as new after that.

Keep trying with Atomic. I had the same issue where it went nowhere for a bit of time, but their spam detector sent it to the black hole.

Tom's a good guy and will take care of you (but at this point it will have to be on your dime...) They have offered in the past to work with a local tech, so keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom