Anybody good with spreadsheets?

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
EDIT:
Don't really need any more help with this at this point as Mr X really fixed it up to do what I need, but it's available for anyone to use or tweak as they see fit. It's a spreadsheet/filter for determining which stock cabinets are recommended for which amp model.

Here's what Mr X and I came up with. You can download it from his server in the 7th post in this thread.

WS_zps0c07021c.jpg

Cab-Checker_zps8fd0981d.jpg

Last edited:
Got a couple of copies of this floating around out there now. Mr. X sent me a version that he tweaked with some macros that seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

I wonder if this is something that we could put up on the wiki since I can't seem to upload it here.

This is such a cool idea! Thanks guys! :)

Edit: A small suggestion..... how about including the IR slot number in the 'PossibleCabinet' window? Would this be difficult to do? I'll have a peek to try and do it on the Excel spreadsheet myself.

Edit 2: Another small suggestion..... more problematic, and tbh, it's the geek in me. How about including a hyperlink to either an image or Wiki info on the cabinet in question?

Last edited:
This is such a cool idea! Thanks guys! :)

Edit: A small suggestion..... how about including the IR slot number in the 'PossibleCabinet' window? Would this be difficult to do? I'll have a peek to try and do it on the Excel spreadsheet myself.

Edit 2: Another small suggestion..... more problematic, and tbh, it's the geek in me. How about including a hyperlink to either an image or Wiki info on the cabinet in question?

As Mr X. already said I put all the cabinet info into tool tips. That was a bit of a PITA. I thought about doing links, but the info is pretty much all there from the wiki in the tool tip and I didn't want to deal with broken links on top of other issues.

Slot number was something I screwed up on really early in the process. You can easily put the cab number into the name of each cabinet on the spreadsheet page and it should work fine.

As Mr X. already said I put all the cabinet info into tool tips. That was a bit of a PITA. I thought about doing links, but the info is pretty much all there from the wiki in the tool tip and I didn't want to deal with broken links on top of other issues.

Slot number was something I screwed up on really early in the process. You can easily put the cab number into the name of each cabinet on the spreadsheet page and it should work fine.

The broken links thing makes sense. Better to have all the info self contained than rely on any other source.

On second thoughts, it's also probably better to not have the slot number in the description. It would be misleading if FAS ever changed around the cab order.

Again, Thanks sasha and Mr.X It's a really cool thing! :)

If you can export it as CSV I can convert it to wiki syntax for you pretty quickly. If you're comfortable running Python I can just give you the script...

Back
Top Bottom