Anybody else think this is ridiculously stupid (petition against digital modelling)

It's bad enough this was recorded in the first place, there's no need to do it again. :|

Reactions: yek
Maybe they'd be able to get the Justice Dept to raid Line6, Roland, et al under some pretense of rare and endangered silicon molecules...

Or the EPA

On a side note, I wonder how all those people in the audience voted.

Last edited:
Promotion Game plan:

1.Save shed-loads of $$ recording the guitars using an Axe.
2.Publicise this on SoundCloud.
3.Register anti-digital petition
4. Post into all pro-digital and anti-digital forums. Maybe even include a bunch of loonie tunes "Digital is the Devil" people - but care required...
5. Act concerned in the shit storm, then graciously agree to re-record in morally acceptable analogue (while stirring it up again as with step four).
6. Use Axe to re-ampwith slightly amended amp settings.

And then... oh dear how are we going to tour it? With huge heavy amps and cabs?

I'm sure this is some type of attempt to jumpstart some publicity.

Could be an amp company, could be a digital amp company, could be the band themselves......no such thing as bad press, and everybody can use some to get their name in a headline.

I loved the comments on the 'change' website. Most said that the petition was stupid or they didn't care.
My favorite comment was something along the lines of - "album would sound better without the typical Axe FX tone" ......haha, this made me almost laugh out loud.
Um, it's not the Axe FX that has a typical tone.....it's these bands. I'm not bashing their tones....I like these bands and this type of music....but all of the guitar tones sound almost the same now a days.

Oh, and whoever did start this for publicity reasons.....it worked....we're talking about it. And now more people have seen the White Chapel video.

If you ever find yourself thinking "boy, this would be so much better if they just..." It's time to go write and record your own album.

Just goes to show that there's a critical flaw in democracy: morons are allowed to vote and petition the government, too. I find that unfortunate, but I also find any other form of government even more so. :lol

Back
Top Bottom