Anybody else prefer the BE to the HBE?

ptgold

Inspired
Ive always loved the Friedman BE/HBE model but the Browneye mode is just perfect, it just seems to be much thicker and have more body than the HBE model.

I have an actual BE/HBE amp (actual Egnater seminar head that Dave Friedman modded for me). 99% of the time I prefer the BE mode. The HBE mode has an additional preamp tube (gain stage).

I like the BE, the HBE I like too, but tend to use them for different stuff. Possibly the BE is a little more versatile, but then again with so many amps in the Axe FX there is a wealth of flexibility.

The hbe has too much saturation for my taste. I can roll back the volume on the BE and get a nice crunch or open tone then change to wide open throttle for leads.

The BE is my "go-to" amp. I used it in the Ultra and now in the II. Each time I try a different amp I find myself coming back to the BE. It has just the right thickness and presence for me. I can actually picture myself picking up a real one some day.

I usually use the HBE, but most of the stuff I play is a little higher gain. I am definitely going to have to give the BE a go and spend some time with it.

The BE is my "go-to" amp. I used it in the Ultra and now in the II. Each time I try a different amp I find myself coming back to the BE. It has just the right thickness and presence for me. I can actually picture myself picking up a real one some day.

Found it a bit difficult to dial in on the Ultra, but it's among my 3 favorites on the II.
Would consider buying it too (when being without the Axe).

Ive always loved the Friedman BE/HBE model but the Browneye mode is just perfect, it just seems to be much thicker and have more body than the HBE model.

I Agree..I just record at the moment new song on my new album using Friedman BE... to my Matrix GT1000FX power amp to my Splawn 4x12 Cab and sm57 and I love it :)

Can't you achieve the same result by turning the gain or the input of the HBE down?

Back
Top Bottom