Anybody else dial in an awesome tone...

The problem I seem to run into often is when trying to make a "new" preset, with new amps, IRs, I somehow manage to dial it in in such a way that it sounds very similar to my "old" preset. I guess I must know what I like, or I tend to gravitate to certain sounds and dial whatever I'm working with in as close as I can to the kind of sound I'm hearing in my head. It's not a bad thing at all, but it is weird to sometimes dial up something in hopes of creating a new preset. Only to discover I've circled back to whatever my inner ear dictates. Which isn't exactly "new."

Yup ,I do the same thing ,always make a preset that is similar to what I,ve already done . I make an amp sound like what I want to hear and react to my playing and guitar volume and boom ,sounds like me I guess . I have all these amps and effects and only use a few .Marshall’s ,friedman ,atomica . Brit super my favorite for months now 😎

Ha ha every time I turn the box on. Practice at home with in ears, try and remember what needs more or less spice and adjust. Take rig to warehouse play at stage volume adjust. Get to gig and say yuk on the first note. Leave it alone for a few songs then start making mental notes on what to tweak when I get home. Round and round.

You really have to make your preset at stage volume , I make mine at about 90dbs . I use a decibel meter I got from App Store free

I consistently lose high end perception as the night goes on. This is my shortcoming and damage, not fractals. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom