Any Worship Team members playing their Acoustic-Electric through the Axe Fx II?

jimnov

Inspired
I play guitar on a worship team, both electric and acoustic.
Hate the sound of my crappy Acoustic-Electric through the sound system...
I just picked up the Axe Fx 2 and MFC-101 for the electric services.
Love the sound!
Anybody playing an Acoustic Electric through the Axe?
What model acoustic do you use?
What amp or patch would you recommend as a starting point in the Axe?

Thanks,

Jimnov

I would simply start with some parametric eq. I sold my Ultra to a friend who uses it for fiddle, mandolin and acoustic guitar. I helped him set it a patch for each instrument and three PEQ's did the trick. We added some switchable delay and pitch shifting (octave down) for effects. He's good to go.

Terry.

I'm also looking to replace my Acoustic Electric and hoping to get some recommendations on which ones to try out.

I was. Had a MusicMan JPM6 that I ran into a stereo split in an Ultra. I would often combine the two for a distorted/acoustic mix many times. It was really cool.

But, my band of 6 is now a band of two, and I just switched back to acoustic. And actually just sold my Ultra.

Still have my II at home for recording though.

Thanks GLP!
Taylor T5... That's quite and interesting looking guitar. It has a real pickup on the outside and an acoustic pickup in the inside of the body?
I'll check it out.

Check out Fremen's acoustic patch and his Coldplay patch. I'm not near my computer now, but pm me as a reminder and I'll send them to you. They're fantastic and I use them every Sunday I need my acoustic.

Thanks GLP!
Taylor T5... That's quite and interesting looking guitar. It has a real pickup on the outside and an acoustic pickup in the inside of the body?
I'll check it out.

Even better, It has 3 PU's: Pickups | Taylor Guitars
And with the switching, many sounds are possible: Switching | Taylor Guitars
I love this guitar, it's my fav. acoustic. Sounds awesome and the neck plays like my electrics. Try it out!

Due to the small size of the body it doesn't have much sound for playing with others unamplified......but hey, who wants to play w/o the Fractal Axe connected ;)

Back
Top Bottom