Any wireless users out there?

I have been using a Shure GLXD16 for about two years now and never had a problem. I have to admit, it's so easy to use I never read the user guide. Last month we played an outside gig with no problems. This Saturday we played at the same location, same day of the week, same time frame, and I had to switch over to my "just in case" guitar cable.
Everything sounded fine when I was standing a few feet from the receiver. But when I walked out into the audience area (about 25-30 feet away) to see how everyone sounded, I would get an intermittent crackling sound when playing. Anyone else experience this? The only difference in my rig was that I was using a CLR instead of a PS170+cab.
Time to actually read the manual I guess. I hate it when that happens. :)

I have several sets of the Xvive U2 system. Got them on Amazon. They work great and the battery lasts 5+ hours of playing/on-time.

I have been using a Shure GLXD16 for about two years now and never had a problem. I have to admit, it's so easy to use I never read the user guide. Last month we played an outside gig with no problems. This Saturday we played at the same location, same day of the week, same time frame, and I had to switch over to my "just in case" guitar cable.
Everything sounded fine when I was standing a few feet from the receiver. But when I walked out into the audience area (about 25-30 feet away) to see how everyone sounded, I would get an intermittent crackling sound when playing. Anyone else experience this? The only difference in my rig was that I was using a CLR instead of a PS170+cab.
That’s one of the disadvantages of a floor-mounted receiver sitting on the stage: when you’re out in the audience, stuff can get in the way between you and the receiving antennas.

The floor-mount rig I use with my AX8 can sometimes experience dropouts when I’m far out in the crowd, while the rack-mounted wireless rig that lives with my Axe-Fx III just sails right through.

I use both a track mount Shure digital wireless and a Line 6 Relay G30 digital wireless with no problems.

What, no love for Sennheiser? I use a D1 system and love it. no issues at all
Plenty "LOVE" here.. We also have 2 L6 device running on stage and with the D1, ZERO issues at any venue.
Only [really minor] complaint I have with the unit is the flashing black/white screen when the xmitter is not "connected" to it. Really annoying to have it flashing every other second up there on stage between sets. No way to turn it off - that I have found.

I use Sennheiser wireless systems for both my instrument and in-ear monitoring. I only use a cable in the studio.
Same here. Love my G3 IEM and D1 inbound. Use for both guitar AND bass gigs.

I used to use Line 6 G30/50/90, then Shure GLXD16, and now the Sennheiser XSW-D. Other than occasional dropouts with the Line 6 stuff, everything has worked well.

Shure GLXD16 works in the 2.4 GHz range.

The number of devices which can be driven in this range simultanously without interferencies is very limited, due to the small 2.4 GHz frequemcy range. For example, precisely four (no kidding: four !) 2.4 GHz WLAN access points can be working simultanously without interfering the others. Each more device causes interferencies. That fact is widely unknown and/or underestimated.

Usually, in the overcrowded 2.4 GHz range there are a lot of disturbing devices around you, anytime, anywhere, any number. And certainly you cannot get rid of the disturbing sources at all, simply because usually they are not yours.

So, what's most important at this point is to keep the ratio between the signal strength in the route between your transmitter and receiver up in comparence to the signal strength of the disturbing devices.

Simply said, the more distance between your transmitter and receiver, the weaker your signal.
The weaker your signal, the more likely you'll get problems: cracklings, dropouts, whatsoever.

And by the way, I do so agree: a cable "just in case" is always a perfect life insurance. ;)

Plenty "LOVE" here.. We also have 2 L6 device running on stage and with the D1, ZERO issues at any venue.
Only [really minor] complaint I have with the unit is the flashing black/white screen when the xmitter is not "connected" to it. Really annoying to have it flashing every other second up there on stage between sets. No way to turn it off - that I have found.

Same here. Love my G3 IEM and D1 inbound. Use for both guitar AND bass gigs.
I couldn't agree more about that irritating flashing screen. I'll have to look to see if there's an update. If not, might as well make a request. Great company but I'm sure they won't respond the way Fractal does.

I couldn't agree more about that irritating flashing screen. I'll have to look to see if there's an update. If not, might as well make a request. Great company but I'm sure they won't respond the way Fractal does.
v2.2.1 is the latest firmware.. which I have installed. I've requested the same enhancement. Nada so far.

I have been using the Boss WL-50 units for live for my whole band. They have been outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom