Any way to separate metronome?

gdgross

Experienced
I think the answer is no, but I wanted to ask the group -

Is there any way to isolate the metronome from the rest of your signal path? manual says it's just mixed in at output 1. And there's no pan control, unfortunately. (I'd be ok with a mono signal if it meant I could get an isolated click.)

Think I will be able to do this in the upcoming FM3, but might be six months or a year before I see one of those.

The application is using it with the looper to get more accurate playing that basing my stomps off of a flashing light.

Thanks!

I guess that is there for practice purpose only, not for recording.
I guess you want it isolated so that you can hear it when you track. Use your daw click instead.

You could run your guitar out of Output 2 and listen to the metronome using Output 1. IIRC, the metronome can only be heard on Output 1(unless you have Output 2 mirroring Output 1 I suppose).

Reactions: Vio
But only if it's the first track recorded. Even if you use the axe as a midi source for the tempo, I can't see how one would be able to track the rest of the guitars based on the axe metronome only.
but willing to learn :D

yep! I can put out the isolated metronome out of output 2 and the normal guitar output out of 1. It just doesn't remember your settings between power cycles, so you need to turn up the click volume each time

That's great, thanks. I'll give it a try tonight. While in quarantine I've been trying to learn a song using both the looper and a dotted 8th delay and getting everything in sync is next to impossible without a click. Cheers!

That's great, thanks. I'll give it a try tonight. While in quarantine I've been trying to learn a song using both the looper and a dotted 8th delay and getting everything in sync is next to impossible without a click. Cheers!
yep. the ability to separate the metronome output was the initial reason i got on the FM3 waitlist rather than keep the AX8 kicking around for a while longer

Back
Top Bottom