Any way to play a chord and generate a bass note under it?

Best I've gotten so far is using the pitch block and mix it in not so loud. Otherwise you get unwanted artifacts because of the multiple notes in the chord.

Is there anyone out there with a clever method? I tried with the crossover, but I don't get anything out of the right channel.

You can assign a pitch range modifier so that it only triggers below a certain pitch.

Did you put a filter and a multiband comp before the pitch?
This way you could pitch only the lower freqs
Yes, I've tried this w a filter and then I split it off into two signal paths. On the "bass" signal path I still get some of the upper frequencies. I don't like to make the Q too narrow on the EQ because I don't want to have a "bump". But I see where you're going with this. Could be good. Have you tried this and if so, could you show your settings in both blocks or post the preset?

You can assign a pitch range modifier so that it only triggers below a certain pitch.
That sounds great. Could you show the settings, or describe what you mean in more detail? With the filter block on High or Low Pass, I still get a lot of the unwanted frequencies. Maybe your way is better, but it would be great to see what you mean.

the problem is that low notes have high frequencies in them too. a low E doesn't just have "low e" in it.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/boss-oc-3-type-of-fx.153189/post-1822351

Two filters in series will give a steeper slope. Use lowpass with the highest slope setting; don't turn Q up. Try sending the result (after pitch block) through its own drive or amp block.

You may need to adapt voicings, avoiding extra notes around or below the filter frequency. A pedal or switch controlling freq. might be useful. Assigning pitch controller to filter freq. is only reliable with an octave or more between bass note & rest of chord.

That sounds great. Could you show the settings, or describe what you mean in more detail? With the filter block on High or Low Pass, I still get a lot of the unwanted frequencies. Maybe your way is better, but it would be great to see what you mean.

I don't know the specific settings for your needs but you can check this video to get an idea of how it is working. I think this the best (maybe only) way in which you can get what you want:

The best way, as they said earlier, is to make a mix through a program, for example. The other options are a bit more complicated. Do you want to make it live or do you need it to sound in your track?

Back
Top Bottom