Any way to make this kind of routing ?

Andromalius

Inspired
I want to do something that would be simple but for teh life of me I can't manage to do it:

I want to record on separate tracks:

-the direct out from guitar
-The dry tone without effects
-Reverb 100% wet
-Delay 100% wet

I did my patch like in the attached picture and setup reaper to record 1->1, 2->2 etc. I only seem to be able to record 2 at a time and then the dry that is shown on 3 gets recorded on 2 in reaper, I'm pretty dumbfounded.

Attachments

• templateaxe2.jpg
    templateaxe2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 31
Is this via USB? There's a slight issue then because channels 3/4 will normally be the direct signal. End of the grid is Out 1 which is just 2 channels, USB 1/2 assuming you have Digi out source = Out 1.

You could make 3/4 direct & dry amped tone like this:

Set Input 1 mode to stereo.

Replace the first shunt in your preset with a volume block, set its input select to LEFT.

Send your dry tone to the FX Loop block instead of running it to the end of the grid.

Connect a cable from Output 2L to Input 1R.

Now channel 1 will be clean, 2 will be amped sound.

That makes sense, thanks a lot for the help, I'll try this as soon as I can get a patch cable from my "Random unassorted music stuff" storage.

I suggested 2 stereo outs through USB many moons ago. It didn't happen. Personally I don't like the USB. The tone is different from that I hear through my recording equipment. Thus I just use the analog outs and use the effect send if I want wet/dry config. Super easy if you've got 4 channels to spare for your Axe.

I'm actually using the axe as a sound card atm so I'll have to work with that. I was planning to buy something like a sapphire be able to tweak reamping in the mix, looks like I'm looking at the 1U one in a neaf future then.

At the end of the day I really want to be able to record 4 outs at the same time. One of them having to be stereo (the delay) I fear there might be a problem there. :/ (I'm not buying 2 axe FX :D )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom