Any way to disable bright cap on dumble?

LVC

Fractal Fanatic
would like to bypass bright cap in dumble (actually would like to figure out how to do that on any d-Style amp).

How can I do this?

Thanks

Or if you just want more control:

Cliff said:
You can create your own "bright" circuit by using the filter block. The bright cap essentially forms a high-shelf filter. The filter parameters vary with the drive control (that's part of the reason the drive control isn't modifiable). A typical bright circuit will have f0 around a few kHz and a gain of, say, 10 dB. Set the Q to 0.5. Adjust f0 and gain to taste.
Axe-FX :: View topic - Plexi problem

Similarly:

RjRocker87 said:
Bypass the bright cap, use a parametric EQ or filter before the amp block, and use the high shelf to boost the highs. That way, you can control much better how many db bump you get, the slope, the frequency, and it will never "go away" as the gain is increased.

Just don't use BRIGHT, I'd guess. Isn't it as simple as that?

So what you are saying is bright switch on the basic panel is actually linked to the bright cap in the amp (tone panel)?

In the real world I was under the impression (could be wrong) that these are two different things. The bright cap is attached to MV and works independently of the "bright Switch" which is part of the EQ switches (bright/normal, rock/jazz etc).

Lot of folks actually "clip" the bright cap or modify their d amp so they can include or remove the bright switch from the circuit. some of the mods actually include different cap sizes for the switch (i.e. 47p/100p) as well as different values for the MV (i.e. 15p)

Point is that I was under the impression that the two were different -- and the "bright cap" typically with d-style amps refers to a cap linked to MV.

I had no bright cap on two of my Bludotone dumble clones.

Last edited:
I would assume the same Laz, but I'm not sure of this detail. You tried looking through the wiki yet?

It is truely just a slightly educated guess, based on that guy that managed to do it. Maybe he was wrong.

If you read the manual about the BRIGHT switch, you could interpret there is more going on that the bright cap alone (or not?):
If so, what is the difference besides the bright cap, we could wonder...
If not, I'd guess the NORMAL option is without bright cap engaged.

"Many amplifiers contain a “treble peaker” on the volume control. On some amps this switch is included as a pull switch on the volume control or toggle switch. On others, the circuit is hard-wired. Every amp TYPE on the Axe-Fx II includes a bright circuit. If the original amp has no bright circuit, the default state is off, but BRIGHT can be turned on to apply circuit values most suited to an amp of that general type. If the amp has a hard-wired treble peaker, the default BRIGHT state is on. The effect may be subtle or quite pronounced, depending on the amp selected, and is also affected by the BRIGHT CAP setting."

I would assume the same Laz, but I'm not sure of this detail. You tried looking through the wiki yet?

I was wondering if the functionality was more in line (with how I think a real dumble functions) after all the recent updates. Again I could be completely wrong. I got a call into my local dumble expert (Scott L) so hopefully he can clarify for me (at least how it works in the real world).

Just trying to get a better understanding of the Dumble amp SIM.

If in NORMAL you hear a change when changing the bright cap value, then obviously your question is full on and I apologize for intervening :)

I haven't checked...

I believe he's asking about the bright cap on the MV. That parameter is currently not exposed to the user but it is trivial to expose it. Therefore I will add it to the advanced parameter menu.

The Bright switch always controls the bright cap on the input volume.

Yep MV.

Thanks boss!

I believe he's asking about the bright cap on the MV. That parameter is currently not exposed to the user but it is trivial to expose it. Therefore I will add it to the advanced parameter menu.

The Bright switch always controls the bright cap on the input volume.
that is great ! would be cool if we could be able to change the value as well.

Reactions: LVC
Back
Top Bottom