Any way to connect to axe edit without USB cable?

O1111

Hey guys,

So I don't have a USB cable and I ordered one online. The thing is, my town is completely snowed in and they're really bad at taking care of snow, so all my mail is delayed. Also, my car is snowed in and the roads are too bad for me to drive, and will probably be like that for the next few days.

I wanted to know if I can connect to axe edit without a USB cable. I have a firewire audio interface that I use for recording, and was curious if there was a way to use the interface as some sort of a hub, say through midi?

You can use the midi in/out on the back of the Axe. Need to be able to plug midi cables into something. Some sound cards have midi jacks so that could be your interface.

In Settings in Axe Edit you could select the midi interface.

You can use the midi in/out on the back of the Axe. Need to be able to plug midi cables into something. Some sound cards have midi jacks so that could be your interface.

In Settings in Axe Edit you could select the midi interface.

Thank you. Would it be midi out on my axe fx 2 and in for my interface, or vice versa?

Hey guys,

So I don't have a USB cable and I ordered one online. The thing is, my town is completely snowed in and they're really bad at taking care of snow, so all my mail is delayed. Also, my car is snowed in and the roads are too bad for me to drive, and will probably be like that for the next few days.

I wanted to know if I can connect to axe edit without a USB cable. I have a firewire audio interface that I use for recording, and was curious if there was a way to use the interface as some sort of a hub, say through midi?

believe you can hook up via SPDIF and avoid the digital to analog conversion but having a SPDIF cable is prob less likely than having a USB cable. good luck!

The whole point of FracPad is to be able to do it with a portable device or with a PC. You can also use it wirelessly, but you'll need to buy a Bluetooth-to-USB adapter.

Not sure how many are using Fracpad.. but I love it.., allows the ability to tweak and not be on top of the AXE or computer... wont help the OP now but it is sweet..

Back
Top Bottom