Any way to calibrate Output level knob?

Velokki

Inspired
I've had my Axe 2 since 2013 and a thing I've always found a bit irritating, is the Output level 1 knob.

The "usable" range, which means as quiet as I want it, vs. as loud as I want it, is like 9-9:30 if thinking about a clock face. I mean; there is a very little range that is suitable for my studio, and if I increase it just by hand, it gets very loud. In a way, it's like having a bad volume pot on a guitar, where 95% of the volume increase happens on the last few millimeters, haha.

Is there a way to calibrate the knob so I could make it more usable? I have to be super careful now when I adjust it.

no way to calibrate, but what is the Axe sending signal to? if you can only get to 9:30 on the out knob, it's not sending very much signal at that point, meaning whatever is next in the signal path has its gain turned up.

i'd just turn down the input on the next device. i run my mixers at 0 gain and turn the Axe all the way up for consistency, and it's a great signal and tone.

no way to calibrate, but what is the Axe sending signal to? if you can only get to 9:30 on the out knob, it's not sending very much signal at that point, meaning whatever is next in the signal path has its gain turned up.

i'd just turn down the input on the next device. i run my mixers at 0 gain and turn the Axe all the way up for consistency, and it's a great signal and tone.
It's straight to Genelec monitors from the Axe, and I use the Axe as my audio interface. I use Genelec 8040B monitors. They're a bit big to my room, but sound very nice. Everything else is great but would just like to control the volume with broader strokes instead of always being super careful with my fingers to not go overboard.

It's straight to Genelec monitors from the Axe, and I use the Axe as my audio interface. I use Genelec 8040B monitors. They're a bit big to my room, but sound very nice. Everything else is great but would just like to control the volume with broader strokes instead of always being super careful with my fingers to not go overboard.
if those don't have a volume control, that means they are wide open, full volume at all times.

you could go to the Global Graphic EQ and turn down the GAIN slider there to reduce output from the Axe, letting you turn up the physical Out knob more.

Back
Top Bottom