Any twanging/popping/hot rodded country guitar presets around?

biggness

Power User
I occasionally like to dabble with some country licks (hard to play is an understatement lol)

I am looking for any presets to get me headed down the right path for a Brad Paisely, Brent Mason, Johnny Hiland, Eric Woolard type sound.

This is what I have dialed up after looking around at common gear and settings used in that genre. Any suggestions for improving would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• PickenChick'n.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 83
I occasionally like to dabble with some country licks (hard to play is an understatement lol)

I am looking for any presets to get me headed down the right path for a Brad Paisely, Brent Mason, Johnny Hiland, Eric Woolard type sound.
You forget the best-Danny Gatton ;) BTW, that guy in the video you posted is insane-----Killer chops. I do NOT care what kind of music anyone plays\prefers, if you are a "real" guitar player you appreciate that guy as a player-period!

Last edited:
Some killer playing and tone right there! This video and Brad Paisley tone are somewhat different IMHO. I hear Brad with a little more dirt and slightly warmer tone in comparison to this.
Always loved Brad's sound he reminds me of EVH in a way whereas his tone is clear yet dirty and has that scorching attack. I guess that's why they refer to him as EVH on cornbread.

Some killer playing and tone right there! This video and Brad Paisley tone are somewhat different IMHO. I hear Brad with a little more dirt and slightly warmer tone in comparison to this.
Always loved Brad's sound he reminds me of EVH in a way whereas his tone is clear yet dirty and has that scorching attack. I guess that's why they refer to him as EVH on cornbread.
I agree 100%...But the video definitely has that country tone for sure. Tone reminds me of Danny Gatton ...Killer player.

I agree 100%...But the video definitely has that country tone for sure. Tone reminds me of Danny Gatton ...Killer player.
Oh yeah no doubt!! Touching on Brad's tone again if I may real quick, there's a certain element to his tone that is often overlooked. Not that clean grit or that killer attack. It's overall heaviness! There's something he does but I don't want to give away his secret lol it's the key to his tone....

In the youtube comments, Eric Woolard said he used a Kemper with a Fender Twin profile and the kemper compressor and boost in front.

Oh yeah no doubt!! Touching on Brad's tone again if I may real quick, there's a certain element to his tone that is often overlooked. Not that clean grit or that killer attack. It's overall heaviness! There's something he does but I don't want to give away his secret lol it's the key to his tone....

What in tarnation...

First off - thank you for posting this, I had never heard of Woolard and now I’m addicted. I picked up the tab pack with this song in it on JTC and have been practicing it like crazy, fun stuff.

For presets, you should check out @camilovelandiamusic ’s presets - specifically the AC30 and the Fender Twin. The Twin BF clean sounds pretty damn good right away; I added a compressor and a slight boost, and changed the reverb to sun plate, and you’re pretty much there. All of his presets are killer, they’re pretty often my go-to’s when trying to get a well dialed-in classic amp tone.

First off - thank you for posting this, I had never heard of Woolard and now I’m addicted. I picked up the tab pack with this song in it on JTC and have been practicing it like crazy, fun stuff.

For presets, you should check out @camilovelandiamusic ’s presets - specifically the AC30 and the Fender Twin. The Twin BF clean sounds pretty damn good right away; I added a compressor and a slight boost, and changed the reverb to sun plate, and you’re pretty much there. All of his presets are killer, they’re pretty often my go-to’s when trying to get a well dialed-in classic amp tone.

Thanks! Would you mind sharing your preset?

Thanks! Would you mind sharing your preset?
Camilo has shared many presets, just search his name camilovelandia
in the forums. Many were \are Axefx III, but can be converted (fractool) for FM3....
AFAIK, he does NOT sell presets. He shares them when he post a video. Killer guitar player!.

Hey, yeah I don’t mind sharing but really I’d suggest just grabbing @camilovelandiamusic ’s Fender Twin preset (and honestly all of his other presets) because it’s already set up for the III and it’s just killer. His YouTube page is also a wealth of info on the Axe FX (and he’s an insane player).

All I did to get the preset I’m using is select the ‘BF Vib Clean’ scene (first one), throw on the ‘analog compressor,’ turn the threshold almost all the way down, ratio up, and then adjust the output level to compensate for the volume drop. That will give you a super squashed country compressor sound that’s pretty perfect for this type of playing.

Hey, yeah I don’t mind sharing but really I’d suggest just grabbing @camilovelandiamusic ’s Fender Twin preset (and honestly all of his other presets) because it’s already set up for the III and it’s just killer. His YouTube page is also a wealth of info on the Axe FX (and he’s an insane player).

All I did to get the preset I’m using is select the ‘BF Vib Clean’ scene (first one), throw on the ‘analog compressor,’ turn the threshold almost all the way down, ratio up, and then adjust the output level to compensate for the volume drop. That will give you a super squashed country compressor sound that’s pretty perfect for this type of playing.
thanks man! I keep wanting to re-do all those presets! I did them all on the first public firmware from the Axe. It's been a while!

Back
Top Bottom