Any traders here?

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone looking at XOM today? Sub $70/share is looking pretty damn tempting right about now.

Sell Winthrop sell! I hear a meteor is going to hit somewhere on the east coast next month :mrgreen.

Don't mind. Since the Chinese send their students to the same business schools (pls read : HBS, HEC...) they finish up having the same problems. This won't change as long as economics will not be reconsidered as a social sciene rather than a science. In the mean time I'd rather sell than buy; thIs is just the beginning..

Silver, silver,silver. All currency is fiat and all governments worldwide are in trouble. They will delay the inevetible by printing more money, making it less valuable.

Silver to gold ratio is way out of whack. Should be around 16:1 not 70:1. Money to be made here.

Get out of anything that promises to pay you in the future with paper dollars.

Silver, silver,silver. All currency is fiat and all governments worldwide are in trouble. They will delay the inevetible by printing more money, making it less valuable.

Silver to gold ratio is way out of whack. Should be around 16:1 not 70:1. Money to be made here.

Get out of anything that promises to pay you in the future with paper dollars.

How'd that work out for Bunker Hunt?

Precious metals keep pace with inflation over the long haul, they have no appreciation, yet they suffer the same value swings as equities.

Timing the market is a novice trick that seldom works.

Have a plan, stick to it, dollar cost average, buy no load, low fee funds like Vanguard and you'll out perform 99% of people, because 80% of people don't.

Never time a market. Buy in breakouts, hold long term and play the ratio.

Hunt would have succeeded but he needed about a billion more than he started with.

A year from now it will be possible to buy the Dow (one share of each of the 30 that determine the DJIA) with 16-32 ounces of silver or 1-2 ounces of gold.

I've swapped silver for gold and vice versa according to the silver to gold ratio for over 20 years. Increased my ounces held of gold by 14 times and silver by 27 times. That is until yesterday when ratio hit 78:1.

Now I don't own any gold!

P.S. I've also never paid a penny of capital gains tax. Cash out a stock profit and try that!

Anyone looking at XOM today? Sub $70/share is looking pretty damn tempting right about now.
Coincidentally, had an XOM high level engineer/manager over for the weekend. He said breakeven oil price for XOM was $45. I think it's an extremely well run company and doesn't have insane debt like others in the space. Just beware the environment is very hostile to commodities so make a realistic evaluation of what you're willing to be down on it.

Agree with Luke -the best investment decisions I've made have been buy and hold mutual funds.

I've swapped silver for gold and vice versa according to the silver to gold ratio for over 20 years. Increased my ounces held of gold by 14 times and silver by 27 times. That is until yesterday when ratio hit 78:1.

Now I don't own any gold!

P.S. I've also never paid a penny of capital gains tax. Cash out a stock profit and try that!
That is a high ratio. I also like silver, but only as a currency SHTF hedge. Plus it's cheap enough so I can buy silver 1oz coins and play poker with the kids (while waiting for the EMP to hit).

Maybe I should move to Salusa. Where I live, they require cap gains tax.

I've done well in MFs over the years. I also agree that timing the market is a day trader's fool errand, but seriously, who WASN'T waiting for the correction to hit? DOW *might* hit 1200, and we *might* see a real bear, but I doubt it. Too many on the sidelines with cash ready to play. I could see XOM hitting in the high or even mid $50's, but I went ahead and jumped in just in case those *mights* turn into *didn'ts*.

I bought in to XOM & CHV at under $70/share each, heavier in XOM (CHV has a bigger upside potential, but more risk. XOM books are pristine). Being able to turn a profit when oil is >$45/brl is pretty incredible for a company that size... which is the point. They have staying power, and not even the Saudis can afford to keep prices driven under like this for more than the next couple of years.

I like silver like Sheky, SHTF currency, sort of... but aside from that being a fairly remote necessity, you still can't eat it, can't hunt or defend with it, can't make fire with it. My REAL SHTF currency is bullets and the guns that love to eat them.

...but as a wealth-building strategy, not so much. Glad it's working out for you, Xrocker.

That is a high ratio. I also like silver, but only as a currency SHTF hedge. Plus it's cheap enough so I can buy silver 1oz coins and play poker with the kids (while waiting for the EMP to hit).

Maybe I should move to Salusa. Where I live, they require cap gains tax.

When I swap metals its for equal value so there is no capital gain to tax.

Silver Eagles, a water source, bullets and canned food.

This may not be a drill.:nightmare:

That is all you need to know....for now.

Back
Top Bottom