Any tips on gigging without a foot controller?

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller | Musician's Friend

Boss FCB1010 $125 if you negotiate at GC....but it may be a pain to configure it. Mine was configured by a friend to work witha TC Electronic Nova. When I plugged it into AXE it worked and was able to switch presets. I havent done anything to work with scenes and dont know if it supports that or ow to configure that.

I dont know if it worked with AXE because it was already configured to Nova or because AXE is so awesome...however there is some video and posts on the forums to make it work and for configuring help....

Even if MFC were available...this seems to serve my purpose...but then I am a basement gigger lol

Now that I am talking about this, I think I am going to set up a small pedalboard with two expression pedals and the Midi mouse and I might start to just use that instead of my MFC 101........
n

Thanks for that tip. I do have a Midi mouse, so maybe I'll do that as a first step, before trying to program my HD500 to be a controller. I do have a question though (I don't get my Axe Fx until tomorrow, so sorry if this is a dumb question). I've read the manual for the unit, and I only saw one jack for an external controller in back. How do you hook up two expression pedals without having the MFC?

Thanks for that tip. I do have a Midi mouse, so maybe I'll do that as a first step, before trying to program my HD500 to be a controller. I do have a question though (I don't get my Axe Fx until tomorrow, so sorry if this is a dumb question). I've read the manual for the unit, and I only saw one jack for an external controller in back. How do you hook up two expression pedals without having the MFC?

Ooops. Yeah, only one expression pedal input=one expression pedal, unless I hooked up a midi expression pedal, but that's more work than is necessary I think....

although.... I do have a Rocktron Midi Mate that has expression pedal inputs, so I could in theory replicate the MFC with a couple of expression pedals.....

Back
Top Bottom