Any tips on dialling in Energyball?

mak

Inspired
On paper this sounds like a great match for me, detuned, high gain - but I can't get it to sound good!!

Does anyone use this and have a patch to share or any tips on cabs to use / settings?

Also tried the Savage and had no luck there either though I've heard the real amps live and they sound great!

Try the FAS Modern III. Excellent high gain amp for that sound. Also it would be helpful if you were to post your patch so others could see where the issue is with it.

Reactions: mak
What realm of high gain sound are you looking for? Like for an example... I've got a few that I wouldn't mind sharing, if only for a starting point...but I don't know what you're looking for.

On paper this sounds like a great match for me, detuned, high gain - but I can't get it to sound good!!

Does anyone use this and have a patch to share or any tips on cabs to use / settings?

Also tried the Savage and had no luck there either though I've heard the real amps live and they sound great!
Yes, turn the knob until you land on Angle Severe. It will sound much better.

I'm not sure if the Energyball is supposed to be the modeled version of the Powerball or not, but I spent a couple weeks with a Powerball testing it out to see if I liked it or not, and I absolutely could not jive with it. Not sure if it was just a dud from the factory, or if it just really didn't fit my flavor of tones.

Angle Severe is the best amp in the Axe in my opinion. The Eneryball is fizzy and scooped. If you add the fat switch and cut back the presence a little it helps.

What realm of high gain sound are you looking for? Like for an example... I've got a few that I wouldn't mind sharing, if only for a starting point...but I don't know what you're looking for.

If you would share some that would be great thanks!

My tone to die for would be something like the latest At the gates album. I'd be happy with something real heavy and tight though.

Try the FAS Modern III. Excellent high gain amp for that sound. Also it would be helpful if you were to post your patch so others could see where the issue is with it.
I'll try that amp thanks. Will see if I can get a patch up soon

If you choose Angle Severe 1 instead of Energyball, try to turn the input trim down a bit. The last time I played with it I set the input trim to 0.8 and it sounded great. Maybe it works with Energyball too.

Back
Top Bottom