Any tips for locking the Out volume knob ?

toneseeker911

Experienced
Was at a gig yesterday, a few hours and acts between sound check and us going on stage. My out volume knob got turned down a few notches by accident I guess, suddenly levels were very different on in ears and FOH. Not a 100% sure if everything came back up, but it got me thinking if there was any hack to keep the out volume locked ?

Last edited:
I’m getting these locknobs from daddario that I saw mentioned in another thread.
Tape seems a bit unwieldy, I can’t even see the knob if I tape it, and it could still move. The difference between 75% and 65% is actually quite a bit especially on in ears.

I know it seems trivial, but it’s just so many things to take care of during a gig with short changes, I just want to lock everything down. I’ve hit this knob movement so many times that I want to find a good permanent solution.

I’m getting these locknobs from daddario that I saw mentioned in another thread.
Tape seems a bit unwieldy, I can’t even see the knob if I tape it, and it could still move. The difference between 75% and 65% is actually quite a bit especially on in ears.

I know it seems trivial, but it’s just so many things to take care of during a gig with short changes, I just want to lock everything down. I’ve hit this knob movement so many times that I want to find a good permanent solution.

I think I can help with this ..

let me make some measurements today and I’ll report back asap

We have 2 Axe III’s in a hybrid band playing to backing track. It’s critical our volume is exactly the same each time. We tried keeping output at high noon but it would get bumped and sometimes go up and sometimes down. Some wonderful folks here on the forum suggested I turn the output up all the way and turn down the Global EQ volume as you have heard in previous post.

Turned the Output on the Axe all the way up. Turned the volume down (all the way) to -12 in Global EQ, then on mixer trimmed the channel to -1 was equal to my previous high noon. It’s not a volume lock but it’s easy to do a double check for full volume on the output knob and it gives you consistency.

I use to check the utility page. The column on the right shows the state of the knob in %.

Lifesaver for double checking levels. I always check before I start playing. That way, I'm sure the levels are the same.IMG_20221021_115819.jpg

Back
Top Bottom