any thoughts on when the Axe-FX III might be released?

If you need an Axefx2.... get one now. If and when the 3 comes out and you feel you "need" the features on the 3... sell the 2 and upgrade.

That was my plan with the Ultra... and now I have a 2 (Which is a lot heavier btw, I expect the 3 to give me back problems).

I can't even imagine what I would like to have that the Axe FX II doesn't have in abundance ...

but that's just me .. what do I know?

:)

my vote for the future of FAS is to develop a "skill-chip" that can be inserted in a
memory card slot in the back of my head that make me say " .. I know KungFu ... I know how to play guitar ... I know what I'm talking about .. etc"

yep .. a talent chip .. that's the FX III :)

My guess would be mid 2014 in keeping with the timing of the Ultra (2008) and II (2011), however if Axe II sales are expected to be strong in the coming months I would imagine a later Axe III launch.

I have no doubt that a new unit is coming since Fractal appears to be a successful thriving business that will keep on producing their centrepiece product.

If Fractal followed the pattern of the 1st Gen, you'd see an AxeFX II.5 this year, but so far none has materialized.

Nothing I've seen leads me to believe that an AxeFX III is on the near horizon. I'd say maybe 2-3 years out, but that's just guessing. And it's another matter entirely if the features in the AxeFX III warrant an upgrade from the II.

Fact 1: There is no more powerful TigerSharc DSP availlable. Fact 2: Adding a third DSP would be a PITA to implement. Fact3: Going for a single TigerSharc device at a lower price-point is where it's at!

...Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number to be reached, then, ...

You'll know the AF3 is coming when you see beta testers posting for sales ads for their AF2's.

Back
Top Bottom