Any thoughts on the new wah block improvements?

toolfanem

Power User
Hey all!

I haven't gotten to update to the new FW but was curious and excited about the new wah improvements! Anyone digging in with the new wah stuff yet? My only complaint about the past versions was that I didnt think any of the options had enough depth. Any thoughts?

I haven't had time to get into the new Q6 wah advanced parameters yet, but I always thought the Axe wah was great andwas always able to get the sound I was after. I don't understand why some people seem to have struggled so much with it in the past. Here's a clip from back in FW6 years ago with one of my very first wah patches I dialed in. This was before we even had scenes!

I haven't had time to get into the new Q6 wah advanced parameters yet, but I always thought the Axe wah was great andwas always able to get the sound I was after. I don't understand why some people seem to have struggled so much with it in the past. Here's a clip from back in FW6 years ago with one of my very first wah patches I dialed in. This was before we even had scenes!

Different strokes for different folks I guess :) I use it all the time, but I never thought it sounded right when swept low in the heel down position.

Same here. Used Q6 last night live-n-loud for the first time. The 'Marshalls' roared and the 'Wah' did sound better. :)

My experience is with the AX8 not the II but I am VERY happy with the Q6 Fractal wah improvements - very vocal like. I am probably more picky about wah than any other effect, and this emulation is spot on. I am actually one of those crazy blokes that used to swap out inductors and capacitor values in my wahs to get them the way I liked. This makes life a lot easier. Haha

My experience is with the AX8 not the II but I am VERY happy with the Q6 Fractal wah improvements - very vocal like. I am probably more picky about wah than any other effect, and this emulation is spot on. I am actually one of those crazy blokes that used to swap out inductors and capacitor values in my wahs to get them the way I liked. This makes life a lot easier. Haha

Happy to meet you! I did the same thing when I replaced my old (original) crybaby with a vox wah. I literally wore the crybaby out, it had cracks on the circuit board that I had repaired time and again and the physical pedal was just worn out! Finally, it just had to be replaced. The new vox worked great and had the exact same circuit and component values but definitely did not sound nearly as good. I replaced the vox inductor with the old one in the crybaby and there it was!

I haven't done a side by side comparison between the axe wahs and my vox but I really don't feel any need to. The axe wahs are inspiring; they add that something that makes the total greater than the sum of the parts - if you know what I mean.

I tried the v6 wah at rehearsal last week and also found it much more 'vocal' and loved how it 'feels' with the foot pedal...has a much sweeter and deeper effect overall I found. And that's not even tweaking my existing WAH block; I just liked it right off the go...

Back
Top Bottom