**UPDATE** Any TA Drop Top owners..

$2500 is fair but nickel frets and old neck joint would stop me. If you like the RG550 the Genesis models are the best they have ever made and you could get a new one and swap pickups and be happy. Great guitar and incredible value.

$2500 is fair but nickel frets and old neck joint would stop me. If you like the RG550 the Genesis models are the best they have ever made and you could get a new one and swap pickups and be happy. Great guitar and incredible value.
What was wrong with the old neck joint? It has 4 screws. Maybe I will go to see it this Friday.
262708990_6546357405406657_6214229718918854213_n.jpg
All the RG550s I've tried so far were great but did not have the mojo-resonance of my old RG550LTD that I still keep as my number one axe (I’ve already replaced the bridge 3 times)

Last edited:
What was wrong with the old neck joint? It has 4 screws. Maybe I will go to see it this Friday.
View attachment 99479
All the RG550s I've tried so far were great but did not have the mojo-resonance of my old RG550LTD that I still keep as my number one axe (I’ve already replaced the bridge 3 times)
I felt the same way but the 2 bolt configuration is WAY more resonant IMHO. The entire neck joint is cradled opposed to being bolt onto a neck, it really makes a difference you can hear and feel in the neck as the tone really resonates.

The A joint has a larger point of pressured contact and can't move at all. It is also machine bolts and inserts . Sound better, works better and has a big effect on value of Andersons. Guitars resonate from playing them ,no new guitar it going to sound it's best for a while. You are listening for issues ,dead spots etc. A new Genesis will be as good or better that the one you have if you select it by ear.

I didn't know about the importance of the 2-bolt A-joint at the TA guitars. I've just googled about it and learnt a new thing.

After having sold my dead-note Suhr Modern Satin and the Schecter Nick Johnston USA, I have a Drop Top 2021 under my radar. But I am not sure about pulling the trigger.

Do you think that $2,500 is fair?

Only 22 frets, though. But I have good experience with Basswood. The best resonant-mojo guitar I've played so far is a basswood RG550LTD
View attachment 99475

View attachment 99476

Man, that looks perfect for me. I prefer 22 frets with a single coil in the neck. You gotta follow your heart, Man, but I’m over here drooling.

I have a hollow drop top classic. Mine has the 4 bolt neck joint and I have zero issues with it. I also have SS frets. I would not sell mine for any less than $2500 if I sold it so I think that price is fair, depending on condition.

There are 4-bolt neck drop-tops on Reverb from ~$3,500 to ~$5,000 :eek:

One of them (1992) for $5,126 just because it has a Kahler instead of a Floyd Rose :rolleyes:

There are 4-bolt neck drop-tops on Reverb from ~$3,500 to ~$5,000 :eek:

One of them (1992) for $5,126 just because it has a Kahler instead of a Floyd Rose :rolleyes:
Looks like these have come up in price quite a bit since I last looked. I guess I should make sure I check prices on them before I decide whether to sell mine or not. :oops:

If it is the Kahler Steeler and it will be it is a plus.
images.jpeg
This is one of the best Floyd bridges ever made .The ONLY issue is the bolts are AF not metric. if you needed an intonation bolt you will NEVER find one of these. It is a left handed thread with the socket in the end not the head, great design but now it is thirty years out of production it's a bit hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom