Any superior drummer 3 gurus?

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I took the plunge and upgraded to SD3. So far very happy with the improvements. It’s like a whole daw inside of a plug in. very cool stuff.

Quick question if anyone knows.. I want to try doing some dynamic eq (using fab filter) to help low freq masking between the kick drum and bass guitar. Is there anyway to do this without multing the drum tracks out of SD3 into reaper as audio?

No, you have to use dedicated outputs to your DAW from your SD3 track to add audio plugin processing. Time to update your project templates :).

I would also suggest experimenting with the built in plugins within SD3 mixer which can be used discretely on any drum track.

Yes the built in plugs seem to be very good.

Thinking on this more I’m wondering if I can use multichannel out instead of stereo out, have one of the channels set aside for the kick and use that for the masking side chain?

Yes the built in plugs seem to be very good.

Thinking on this more I’m wondering if I can use multichannel out instead of stereo out, have one of the channels set aside for the kick and use that for the masking side chain?
Yes, that is the way I do it sometimes. I like separate outs within SD3 for kick, snare, stereo mix of toms, another stereo mix that is usually hi-hat and overheads for the cymbals, and one more stereo mix that has any ambient channels from SD3. Much simpler in the DAW than having everything on a different track, and it gives more flexibility than just the single stereo mix.

Back
Top Bottom