Any suggestions on how to deal with waiting?

JIMMY G

Inspired
Any suggestions on how to deal with waiting for your number to come up on the waiting list. I'm on here all the time trying to learn about the Axe Fx and it sounds so great! I think I'm going to go into a deep depression if I don't get mine soon. I watch all the utube videos and it keeps getting worse:eek:. Oh well all I can do is live vicariously thru you guys keep putting up the great info and videos and maybe someday my ship will come in!

No axe Fx II

Do NOT read these forums, do NOT look youtube clips of Axe. I've been in the queue from june, and that's a short time compared to many other europeans. I always get the mad GAS when I come to this forum, but if I don't, time just goes by... There will be enough time to read and write about Axe after you get yours. Learn new songs in the mean time.

I chose to avoid the forums until it arrived

You could buy a used mk1 standard, the resale value will not change much by the time the mk2 arrives

Write a book.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Play your guitar(s). Then read the manual. Play more guitar(s). Read the wiki. Then play your guitar(s). Read the forum. Then play guitar.

Repeat.

You can also be with friends and family. But don't forget to play your guitar(s). ;)

Assuming you are playing thru some other modeller (as I was), play as much as you can through whatever hardware you currently have. And really focus on how it sounds and responds to your fingers. That way you will truly understand that the wait was worth it when it finally arrives. I was blown away by A-B comparisons to my L6 stuff.

Ya i always play and i have been reading the manual and wiki. Playing thru line 6 and 11 rack now. can't wait to feel and hear the difference! I'm new to the forum so I just wanted to try a post this was kind of joke to see how it works. Thanks for all the suggestions.

ROCK ON GUYS

Sounds like you are right where you should be. Keep playing, learning educating via, manual and wiki. Don't get side tracked by over fixating on your new piece of gear.
It will be here before long and a whole new chapter in your playing will open up.

I ate Pop-Tarts while reading the forums, wiki, manual.. and watching videos and such. And lots of "medicine" to help with tears of frustration, and pre-partum depression.
Seriously.. the list is diminishing at a good pace now. The Wait can be painful, but well worth it IMO.

"Get a life! Seriously!" is still among the good answers and it would go for me too ;)
So many interesting things to do. The waiting is almost the best part. Most "stuff" doesn't "really" make you happier for long.
But there are exceptions.. ;)

I still had my Ultra when I was on the waiting list and forgot when I signed up! So I played it and tried out some FREE software amp sims.... One day I got the email and BAMMMM... put my Ultra up for sale.

Sold it ... Bought the Axe II

I don't have much of a life, guitar is my only outlet, been recovering for years from multiple spine surgeries and just looking to have some fun on the forum, SORRY just was hoping the AXEII would be great moral booster, hard to wait when you sit home all day.

The waiting is brutal until the very end. I am 3 waiting list days away from my coupon and checking my email constantly. If I don't get that coupon in the next couple of days, I'm going to have a stroke.

Last edited:
Want honest opinion?

>Buy a new one at full price.
>Play with it until you get your coupon.
>Once you get your coupon, use your credit card and buy another one at discounted price.
>Then sell one of the two in ebay for $3000.
>Be happy

:)

Back
Top Bottom