Any Stringjoy users here?

la szum

Axe-Master
Never tried them. I am curious, though. 2 to 3 times the price of a set of EBs or GHS. Are they worth it?

I would love to try a few sets, especially their balanced sets for open tunings. I’ve heard great things, but like any string manufacturer, you hear about occasional QC and consistency issues. My only reservation is that I go through strings fairly quickly and just can’t justify the cost.

Last edited:
I've been using Stringjoys for a few years now. I like the balanced sets a lot, and for me they stay bright and lively for a long time - not as long as the Elixers I used to use, but way longer than Slinky/GHS/D'Addario in my experience.

i've been using them for years and love them. I recently switched over from Balanced Nickel Wound (Signature) set to their Pure Nickel sets...I'm digging the Pure Nickel (Broadway) old school sound more these days. They make great strings!

The owner e-mailed me back and forth to help me come up with a custom set for drop c and drop a#. I wanted tension similar to a 10 - 46 set in standard tuning and boy did I get it. Excellent strings!

I use Stringjoy strings on many of my instruments. The strings are quite good, and last longer than other noncoated options. I'm a pure nickel user for most of my strats, and use the nickel wound on my Strandberg / Les Paul guitars.

They're all I use for my 4-string bass!

I was having a bitch of a time finding a set that would let me go down to drop C and retain the clarity, I used their tension calculator and the first set I tried was PERFECT. I think it's a .116 or .117 for the low C string and it's that perfect balance of tension and tone, which I was not getting with standard sets.

Definitely curious to try them on a guitar. I've been using NYXL 10-52's for quite a while now, but am thinking of getting something with a higher gauge G and B strings because they're a little too mushy for me.

I purchased a couple sets to try out. Also trying out Sheptone strings as well. Both are great so far. Stringjoy has the nod towards custom sets. I do like both more than the NYXLs I’ve been using.

I purchased both Acoustic and Electric. I played a gig with them after the normal stretching and break-in. Played about the same as my Martins, then halfway though the gig they were buzzing bad. I cut them off at a break and put my normal Martins on and finished the gig with no problems. My electrics are about the same as my D'Addarios no real noticeable difference. I emailed their customer service when they asked for a review, I told them about the issue and no response. If you need a custom set they are probably the go to string people but, change your strings on the regular and save your money.

Back
Top Bottom