Any special settings or tweaks to record Axe Fx in Reaper?

I'm wondering is there any special settings or tweaks that you guys do to Reaper when you are using it to record guitar tracks with the Axe FX?

Like after you pull up Reaper, add a track, arm it and then push record, is there any settings that you change before hitting record so as to get better results? Or do you just leave Reaper in all the default settings and just start recording?

Does one need to make any adjustments to levels or anything in reaper beforehand?

YjM

The Axfx is a pro level unit. It is just way to complicated for some and is not for everyone.

Perhaps you should sell.

Dude I haven't even gotten the Axe Fx yet, but I will have it in a couple weeks or if my guitar sells sooner. I used to have the Axe Standard, the Axe itself is not that complicated to me. I've been using racks since I first bought the Rocktron Voodu Valve, the first one not the online one.

My question has more to do with the use of Axe Fx with Reaper DAW than the Axe itself.

I've never saw anyone on here talk much about how they configure Reaper with the Axe Fx although a lot of people on here are recording with Reaper.

I just want to make sure I know how to get the best results out of Reaper in conjunction with the Axe Fx when I get it later this month.

YjM

I don't do anything special when recording with reaper... new track, arm, go.
I usually go axe-fx -> interface because on reasons - except when I want a dry signal recorded along with the processed, then it's axe-fx through usb.

I never used to do anything special either, but I started thinking today, really is it that simple, is there nothing more to it. I just want to be sure I know how to record tracks right because when I get the XL+ and unleash the fury people are going to quickly see I'm the best guitarist in this forum by far, so I just want to make sure Reaper will properly capture all of the magic in my hands and in the black box.

YjM

I use Studio One 2, and I can tell you there's nothing you need to do. Just monitor from the axe instead from the software, and hit record. I've used Reaper fairly exstensively in the past and it's not that different.

I fine tune several settings relating to ASIO and recording latency, and insert track delays to make the recorded tracks near sample accurate with respect to synchronization with other tracks. Same for virtual instruments. I also set up track templates for raw pickup, processed, and reamped signals. I also changed many default settings to make recording, editing and reamping more efficient.

Don't ask me how. I don't have time to expound.

Back
Top Bottom