Any Secrets on Getting Garage Band to recognize the AXE II on Lion?

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
For some reason all that garage band sees is the internal microphone. I have the AXE II plugged directly into the back of my IMAC, any ideas?

Axe Edit works fine.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem with My Focusrite Audio Interface since the Lion upgrade. I found that re-booting the Mac with the Focusrite Switched on, and then selecting it in the Audi Midi Setup worked. It's a PIA though.

good luck.

Yesterday I installed Lion, got my AxeII, installed the AxeII USB Driver, and then installed Garageband just because PT doesn't work on Lion.

Worked fine for me; within 2 minutes of installing GB I was able to record the Axe through it...

I just created a new "Acoustic Instrument" project, and then in the lower right side of the screen where it said input source, I changed my builtin digital input to the Axe's USB outs; I could get either processed or the DI track that way...

It's really weird if the Axe is showing up in your Sound preferences, but not as an input in GB...

Reinstalled ilife 11, no luck.

I know it's got to be something stupid, and just for the record I don't think that it's a Fractal driver thing either because I have a line6 toneport UX1 as well and it doesn't see that either. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot, it's apple turn now.I'll let you all know when I get it to work.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, I'm an idiot. Go to preferences go to audio and select your device, Duh!!! I have only had the mac for 3 yrs and I work in the tech industry, of course not on macs. ;-)

PT9 - it won't even open on Lion. At all.

Lion isn't going anywhere near my work partition :p
wow avid is slacking off. Usually they have a patch after a couple of days from an OS update. If only shasha were here to chime in on the evils of avid... :lol
I'm staying on snow leopard for now if that's the case :)

Peterson's StroboSoft is still not 'qualified' for Snow Leopard.

How is Lion performing on older machines? I have a 2 year old Mac Book Pro and Mac Mini (both duo-core) both had Leopard and have been upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Peterson's StroboSoft is still not 'qualified' for Snow Leopard.

How is Lion performing on older machines? I have a 2 year old Mac Book Pro and Mac Mini (both duo-core) both had Leopard and have been upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Wondering the same thing. I have an Axe II but am having a heck of a time trying to get the Axe working through Logic Pro 8. I've had it working twice but it's very inconsistent. I see the Axe II in the Audio/Midi Settings and in my general preferences but even when I select Axe II Out as my device in Logic, I get no input and cannot record! Wondering if going back to Garage Band and updating to Lion will be easier.

How is Lion performing on older machines? I have a 2 year old Mac Book Pro and Mac Mini (both duo-core)

My Macbook Pro is nearly 2 year old..2.53 GHz, Duo-Core and Lion is a revelation for it, so easy to use, no issues whatsoever with any program, Edit works flawlessly.

I use Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac and it works well, i have heard of problems with older versions.

But for anyone thinking of upgrading i would definitely recommend it!

Back
Top Bottom