Any Porcupine Tree Fans?

If they do, other than FB, what would be the best way to be notified? I just checked their website, and there's a "Contact" page, but I'm not sure which of the recipients (e.g., Management, Fan Mail, Press/PR) I should use. I didn't see an email newsletter.
I wouldn't worry about it. If they do reunite, whatever musician-oriented corner of the internet you frequent will be shouting it from the rooftops. Someone will certainly reply to this thread about it.

That's one thing that I don't really care about with PT. For me, it's the textures of the music (and the drumming!!!) I personally don't hear anything worth chasing from either guitar. For like the heavy, drop-D riffs, the absolute, most awesome, jaw-dropping tone I've ever heard is Petrucci's, on "Home." Has a lot to do with how the bass is mixed with the guitars of course..., but still.

Whooa! I was with you on this thread until this post. ;)

To my ears, those guitar textures matter immensely in the context of the
band. I'd even argue Wilson's approach to guitar is more like a modern
version of Gilmour's Floydian approach, while Petrucci is more limited
and not as varied and colourful---although great for DT. :)

Last edited:
This is a really cool and informative video. Not Porcupine Tree related, but
shows how Steven takes a unique approach to guitar tones depending on
the project he is working on. MIM Telecaster???!!! Say what?? :)

Another huge SW and PT fan here.

Dunno 'bout you but the Hot Kitty model isn't doing it for me. Today I was playing with the Archean Bright model and a V30 cab and got some killer In Absentia and Deadwing tones.

That Archean's kind of a sleeper. I wasn't thinking it would be too much..., ya know, great guitar maker, yes, but throwing down with the big boys and suddenly he's an amp builder too? But if the model accurately reflects the actual amp (why wouldn't it, right? 's why we're here), I was pleasantly surprised.

Blackest Eyes is one of my go-to speaker test tracks and Gavin Harrison is on my shortlist of best drummers on the planet.
Thanks for your post, Cooper. You're a helluva player, and have come a long way. I remember discovering you back when you did ROTW. Glad we share very similar tastes in guitars (thinking very seriously about getting a 20th Majesty 6), music, and drummers. Gavin is the best in my book, and I would've loved to have seen him audition for DT. If he had, I really have my doubts that there would've ever been the arguments about which "Mike" is better, lol!

This is a really cool and informative video. Not Porcupine Tree related, but
shows how Steven takes a unique approach to guitar tones depending on
the project he is working on. MIM Telecaster???!!! Say what?? :)

All of “To The Bone” was Telecaster.

Back
Top Bottom