Any plans for a small stomp AX4?

I predict there will be something announced almost immediately after NAMM. That's what they did last year with the III.

They've been aggressively marketing the last few sales like they did last year before they announced the III. Probably trying to clear out inventory to make room for new products.

They just launched a completely re-designed web store. Probably to prepare for increased traffic their next product/s will generate.

The AX8 is EOL because it's based off the Axe-FX II platform which is also old news. Gotta replace it with something...

Of course this is all speculation but I'm sure everyone reading this is thinking the same exact thing. It'd be more surprised if this didn't happen.

Yep, I think this is what is on everyone's mind right now with the III and the new FC.

Yep, I think this is what is on everyone's mind right now with the III and the new FC.

Probably. I'd love to see a new floor modeler. I can't justify buying a III since I only ever use 2 amp models and minimal effects on my II.

I really hope Fractal dips their toes into audio interfaces. With their expertise I think they could probably rival RME performance at half the price.

Probably. I'd love to see a new floor modeler. I can't justify buying a III since I only ever use 2 amp models and minimal effects on my II.

I really hope Fractal dips their toes into audio interfaces. With their expertise I think they could probably rival RME performance at half the price.

Same. And honestly I don't even want a modeler. I just want an FX8 with an updated interface like the III or even the FC screen.

In the process of selling my Atomic AFB which was my backup to my AX8. If it would have had at least 1 expression pedal jack and single Send/Return jacks, I would keep it. Amp tones were great and could easily handle the A/B channel switch. I was spoiled with scenes and where I could put my pedals in the chain of the AX8 though.

With my Katana 100 head as my backup rig, I will definitely buy another small modeler later this year. My hope is FAS releases a floor unit based on the Axe FX 3 and improve the I/O a bit.

Fingers crossed and FAS gets first pick at what I will buy based on what they offer in 2019.

Patience will be rewarded...

And with that my II is now up for sale.

Was keeping it to use for playing live as I want the III to be home studio only, but whatever the reward for patience will be, I know I will want the guitar funds available immediately.

BonyOrganicFeline-size_restricted.gif

And with that my II is now up for sale.

Was keeping it to use for playing live as I want the III to be home studio only, but whatever the reward for patience will be, I know I will want the guitar funds available immediately.

BonyOrganicFeline-size_restricted.gif

I think this is a wise decision.

I think I am most curious to see
What it will and won’t do compared to the 3 let’s face it , if it a smaller AX8
It will for sure have less function than the 3 .

With the new layouts of FC I can see how that would work out well .

If it is the same color screen as Ax3 that will take some of the processing power for sure

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if they announce a new floor unit soon. It's only been a year since the AXEIII and the new floor units are just out. Fractal isn't that big of a company so maybe they've got their hands full for a little bit developing these units.

I'll be very happy to be proved wrong, but I'd be surprised if there's something new soon

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if they announce a new floor unit soon. It's only been a year since the AXEIII and the new floor units are just out. Fractal isn't that big of a company so maybe they've got their hands full for a little bit developing these units.

I'll be very happy to be proved wrong, but I'd be surprised if there's something new soon

Define soon. Cliff has been teasing something. Who knows when it will be announced but I think within a couple of weeks to months. After NAMM would be awesome.

Define soon. Cliff has been teasing something. Who knows when it will be announced but I think within a couple of weeks to months. After NAMM would be awesome.

I wish I could, but I have no insight into what's on Fractals list of plans this year

But it could be after Nam like last year, or 6 months or another year

We, the punters, have no way of knowing

so I personally feel it's a little premature to be selling things at present
but ill be happy to be proved wrong

I wish I could, but I have no insight into what's on Fractals list of plans this year

But it could be after Nam like last year, or 6 months or another year

We, the punters, have no way of knowing

so I personally feel it's a little premature to be selling things at present
but ill be happy to be proved wrong

I think any of us would be happy to be proved wrong in this case!

I almost bought an FX8 but I am going to hold off. I need a multi-fx unit but I will just have to suck it up and wait if I don't want to plunk down $850.

I would dream of an Editor that would display amp graphics like amplitude, the experience would be 1000x better , I know its fakey shit but fuck it. It is what it is.

Last edited:
I think the most recent version has even better graphics.

But to answer your question. This is good enough for me. It helps me a lot to know that I am only messing with the actual amp controls. I could refer to Yek's guide, but this is just so much easier. I mean, say you're spending all night trying to tweak a Fender Tweed Deluxe model, and it never sounds right, and then you realize, you have been moving the middle control all night, but the single tone control on the Tweed is modelled by the treble knob. Here, it helps a lot to have the 'real' amp controls at your fingertips.

I think the most recent version has even better graphics.

But to answer your question. This is good enough for me. It helps me a lot to know that I am only messing with the actual amp controls. I could refer to Yek's guide, but this is just so much easier. I mean, say you're spending all night trying to tweak a Fender Tweed Deluxe model, and it never sounds right, and then you realize, you have been moving the middle control all night, but the single tone control on the Tweed is modelled by the treble knob. Here, it helps a lot to have the 'real' amp controls at your fingertips.

I was referring to the visual aesthetics aspect of it, like those Universal Audio plug ins where you have the full amp graphic thing, I think that the Ax8 Editor is fantastic. No doubt.

Back
Top Bottom