Any plans for a small stomp AX4?

Hhuent

Experienced
I‘m dreaming of a cigarbox sized AX4 since I bought my AX8. Posted about this before. Would buy it in a heartbeat and sincerely believe there is a big market for this. As we can see with the new products of the competition. The future of guitartec lies in small stages, bedrooms and the pockets of your coat. Will Fractal release a small stomp AX4 without deep editing any time soon? I would hate to part with my money now and find Fractal has something in the pipeline.
Well informed forum members may have heard more than a rumour?

Edited for not revisiting the memory. I think this would sell like the proverbial hotcake.

Sgt%20Schultz_315_275_90.jpg

I love the AX8 but an AX4 or AX2 would be perfect for what I do. I've looked at the amplifirebox but it's still way behind fractal quality.

Not sure I agree about removing deep editing.

a fractal that cannot be deep edited sound no bueno. Some people already ready complain about our UI I cannot image how much that would nag at a tiny one.

For the record I think the competition dropped the ball making a 3 button product. That nuclear company just switched to a 6 button format because so many people said 3 was not enough

a fractal that cannot be deep edited sound no bueno. Some people already ready complain about our UI I cannot image how much that would nag at a tiny one.

For the record I think the competition dropped the ball making a 3 button product. That nuclear company just switched to a 6 button format because so many people said 3 was not enough
Keep the deep editing. Just be amp, cab and related blocks. I mentioned "elsewhere" that people would miss the beautiful delay and verbs if that was the case. If you make it controllable via standard midi controller and just enough ins and outs; um; I am betting you would have a lot of interest. /Armchair businessman mode.

Keep the deep editing. Just be amp, cab and related blocks. I mentioned "elsewhere" that people would miss the beautiful delay and verbs if that was the case. If you make it controllable via standard midi controller and just enough ins and outs; um; I am betting you would have a lot of interest. /Armchair businessman mode.
based on that other company's experience I feel like 6 buttons is the minimum. I love my Ax8 and would not be made of the next Ax was a 10 or a 12. If they came out with a 6 button version I would get it as my backup. I would much have the buttons integrated into the hardware then have to be a separate midi controller that can be a pain in the butt to program, not read my ia states ect because then the allure of the small factor is gone

Reactions: JTI
based on that other company's experience I feel like 6 buttons is the minimum. I love my Ax8 and would not be made of the next Ax was a 10 or a 12. If they came out with a 6 button version I would get it as my backup. I would much have the buttons integrated into the hardware then have to be a separate midi controller that can be a pain in the butt to program, not read my ia states ect because then the allure of the small factor is gone
Good points. I rack my gear so that isn't how my workflow goes anyway. I'd rack whatever it is, size be damned.

To comment on the "other company"; A/B switching (similar to the S1/S2 method) in their product was awesome and a great way to make those 3 buttons count. The 6 button iteration "solved" nothing for me because they don't work the same way. Like adding content, improving the device and associated tools needed to work with the device.I get it companies are different and work in different ways.Loved the 3 but ended up going in a different direction for all those reasons. Whether they could be considered legitimate or not.

Guys, please...
I am talking about a stomp pedal, 4 foot switches, cigarbox size, 10 % of the usual Axe tweaking options, 30% of the amps + cabs + efx, 50 % of the AX8 cpu power, whole package fits in my pocket and sounds like Fractal.

The other stomp thingy that must not be named “sells like iPhones” to quote the biggest music shop in Europe. I definitely want such a thingy, but with the Fractal name on top.

So? Someone heard it through the grapevine?

Guys, please...
I am talking about a stomp pedal, 4 foot switches, cigarbox size, 10 % of the usual Axe tweaking options, 30% of the amps + cabs + efx, 50 % of the AX8 cpu power, whole package fits in my pocket and sounds like Fractal.

The other stomp thingy that must not be named “sells like iPhones” to quote the biggest music shop in Europe. I definitely want such a thingy, but with the Fractal name on top.

So? Someone heard it through the grapevine?
Crippling the deep edit capability of the Fractal just so you could have a box with 4 footswitches and the word Fractal on it makes zero sense. Boiling it down while retaining it's core is much better move I would think. A big draw of Fractal is it's complexity.

Back
Top Bottom