Implemented Any plans for a performance screen?

666was999

Fractal Fanatic
Like the title says: Are there any plans to add a performance screen anytime soon?

To me the home screen don't looks like a screen where you left the edit mode and play. It looks like you are still stuck in a menu.

And every info on that screen is small. Especially the preset number is too small to stand 10ft. away from it.
I guess I never had any rack gear with a that small preset number?

A home screen with preset and current scene name in large letters on the display would be nice. Also, having a large strobe tuner using the entire display, like the Peterson Strobe Tuner app for your phone.

I got my III and be very happy with it. Just the left side of the device looks more loke a modern koffee maker than a piece of live gear.....
I would love if there would be either a way to keep the analyzer block always active (looks at least not borinmg) or ability to put e.g. band logo....

Because the screen was big big and it became color display, I think that it would be better to be able to display a variety of images.

When I was a kid I would get hypnotized by the rack tuners moving back and forth, that would be cool to have a ribbon across the top or bottom of the screen, maybe half an inch, of a mock up of an old korg rack tuner.

and a little red ball that bounces back and forth with the tempo, like the karaoke text ball.

Performance mode please! Editing the III is easier than the II, but still SO annoying to accomplish on stage in the heat of the moment during performance when I desperately need to change a setting. I know how to do it and can accomplish edits easily at home when sitting in my office chair, but pushing the right buttons quickly in the correct sequence while squatting with my back to my audience is nearly impossible. Invariably I accidentally hit the wrong button and end up performing some erroneous edit I then have to undo. I have come close to bringing a computer to gigs so I can use Axe Edit - but always overrule this idea as WAY too much to deal with just to be able to change setting on my amp

Last edited:
The way I would like to see something like this would be like FC layouts. Each layout would have 10 controls and 5 button actions that link directly to a block control or a global config setting. They would be global. And similar to the FC, allow for per-preset overrides. Layouts would just be pages like all the other page sets in the UX.

So you could have Amp1 gain, master, level, bright switch, boost switch on the top row and Drive1 gain, level, and Delay1 feedback, mix and global effects mix on the bottom row of one layout. The button actions could be Save preset, Drive1 bypass, Delay1 bypass, etc.

A live mode page (or pages) with the 10 knobs and 5 buttons that you can custom assign to whatever parameters you need quick access to, across blocks, same page. your 10 most needed controls on one layer, hard to screw up. And one knob is a drunk-lock, you have to turn it counterclockwise three times to get out of live mode.

Back
Top Bottom