Any one recommend a good USB hub for Mac Pro?

This is the one I've been using for live shows, running Logic, sending DMX, and controlling a Presonus rackmount mixer, as well as sending PC changes to my Fractal. It's been super solid.
It's powered, so it requires plugging in. But the power ensures you can use it for a wide variety of things simultaneously.
Amazon product ASIN B005NGQWL2

Sometimes it's just as important to know what NOT to get. I picked up one of THESE a while back. It works ok for a mouse, but it seemed buggy on large file transfers. I found a lot of my mp3 files had blips and blurts after being transferred from a USB drive with this hub. Plugging the USB drive directly into the laptop worked fine.

Lesson learned (again); Don't be afraid to spend a little more for quality and reliability.

You really have to read the specs and maybe what isn't in the specs. I bought a USB3 hub not long ago, from a company I've normally had good luck with. Turns out, it doesn't work with external USB powered hard drives. Everything else works fine, but for some reason, HDs won't get recognized. I contacted the company, and got the "Oh yeah, it doesn't work for that." They refunded my money and told me to keep it, but any external I use goes to my older USB2 hub for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom