Any of you have this?

Brick_top

Power User
When I close my eyes I see patterns overlayed on each other and weird objects, most of the times there will be a face rotating in a every "3d direction"? there might be a chain of repeated objects passing by as well

I imagine this is just the brain doing "stuff" what freaks me out is that I don't control none of this.

I sometimes however can shift the focus to whatever I'm "seeing" and it changes more rapidly to something else.

Anyone has this kind of thing happening?

Woah, man, perhaps I'm reading too much into what you wrote, but this sounds like you're spontaneously entering into a hypnagogic state.

If you don't know what the hypnagogic state is, it's essentially a state that *some* people enter *some* of the time when they're just bewteen awake and asleep. I occasionally enter a hypnagogic state when I'm falling asleep, but not every time. Check out The Hypnagogic State: Hypnagogia and Lucid Dreams

If you enter such states all the time (rather than just when going to sleep), then I'm not sure if I would call that lucky or cursed - depends on your outlook and whether it interferes with normal activities.

Do you happen to suffer from sleep deprivation? Some medication is also known to cause similar side-effects.

Remind me not to ride with you in your car on long night trips!

Woah, man, perhaps I'm reading too much into what you wrote, but this sounds like you're spontaneously entering into a hypnagogic state.

If you don't know what the hypnagogic state is, it's essentially a state that *some* people enter *some* of the time when they're just bewteen awake and asleep. I occasionally enter a hypnagogic state when I'm falling asleep, but not every time. Check out The Hypnagogic State: Hypnagogia and Lucid Dreams

If you enter such states all the time (rather than just when going to sleep), then I'm not sure if I would call that lucky or cursed - depends on your outlook and whether it interferes with normal activities.

Do you happen to suffer from sleep deprivation? Some medication is also known to cause similar side-effects.

Remind me not to ride with you in your car on long night trips!

Never read about that, but it is indeed very similar. But my experience is limited to visual, I don't hear any noises and I'm fully awaken.

But this happens to me everytime I close my eyes.

And no I don't suffer from sleep deprivation. But I do normally try to do a lot of mental activity

This doesn't interfere with my life, It has become so normal that I don't pay attention to it, but sometimes I close my eyes just to watch the "movie".

There is also another thing that used to happen to me but I it hasn't happened anymore, and that is that I could go to sleep and be conscious knowing that I was asleep, in that state I didn't have any dream but it was as If I was awake and could go around the house. Even more weird is that in this kind of conscious sleep I was allways floating around.

edit - another thing that used to happen in this state was that I could awake when I wanted to but it was really hard, It was a very weird sensasion feeling my body regaining strength so I could wake up.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that every pattern I see in the state I mention in my first post is allways passing by or rotating!

I have this same thing. My optometrist says I have a lot of floaters in my eyes, combined with the color distortion from normal lid/cornea contact causes all kinds of weird shapes... then my over-active imagination takes over and I begin to see all kinds of stuff. It's worse if I spend a lot of time on a computer or playing on my iPhone. Also, I spend a lot of time day-dreaming, visualizing, etc... While this seems like a bad thing, it actually helps me in pretty much everything I do.

When I close my eyes I see patterns overlayed on each other and weird objects, most of the times there will be a face rotating in a every "3d direction"? there might be a chain of repeated objects passing by as well

I imagine this is just the brain doing "stuff" what freaks me out is that I don't control none of this.

I sometimes however can shift the focus to whatever I'm "seeing" and it changes more rapidly to something else.

No idea whats going on but you might want to research sacred geometry and see if any of the patterns you see are referenced

Our first stop is in Bogota, to check Colombian fields

The natives smile & pass along, a sample of their yield

Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams, golden Acapulco nights

Then Morocco & the east, fly by morning light

Keep smoking them good buds bro..............

Last edited:
You are experiencing migraine auras,I get them from time to time.They are usually a warning sign that I migraine is to follow.Not everyone who has this gets the headache tho.Do you get tunnel vision? Temporary loss of peripheral vision?Google migraine auras.

i have the exact same thing. don't even have to close my eyes if i'm tired or have eyestrain. the black field is never all black, there are floaters, afterimages and trippy, evolving patterns. i always figured it was an aftereffect of a period of heavy LSD use in my early 20's.

cat2-1.jpg

Years ago, my dad asked our eye doctor about these and the doc said, "You know what causes that? Birthdays."

Eye Floaters: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment

"Causes of Eye Floaters

Most eye floaters are caused by small flecks of a protein called collagen.

The back compartment of the eye is filled with a gel-like substance called vitreous humor.

As you age, the vitreous and its millions of fine collagen fibers shrink and become shred-like. Shreds can accumulate in the vitreous. This can cause a change in the amount of light that hits the retina -- the light-sensitive tissue in the back of the eye. This change causes the symptoms of eye floaters."

After how long do you close your eyes does this happen? I have something similar called sleep paralysis. When you go to sleep, your body releases chemicals so your body becomes paralyzed so you don't act out your dreams. What happens is you will wake up and feel paralyzed, and you start hallucinating, or dreaming while awake one might say. I also have it where I feel like there's something in my room, I can't see it, but I can't move. Fear completely takes over your body. I have all kinds of sleep issues, maybe you should get a doctor to check you out.

Maybe you're just feckin mental mate ...... but if the floaters happen to turn into lottery numbers do share :mrgreen

Interesting and fascinating!!

I have a nephew who is about 30 years old. He has been diagnosed with schizophrenia.

He sees people and they talk to him and try to entice him to do no good! He takes swings at them at times. He tries now to tune them out.

It took me a while to accept this and thinking that it is demonic in origin till I saw the movie "A beatiful mind"
In that movie the guys shizo but a genius!

My nephew could rap and spontaneously relate all his words in an incredible manner.
He always wins local rap contests!

If he don't take his meds ...he trips out!

Back
Top Bottom