Any new talkboxes?

boardwlk17

Power User
Has anyone come up with any new talkbox presets? I have one of the MXR TALKBOXES haven't found a good way to use it with the axefx2. So I need a voice box for kickstart my heart

I run my talk box mic into an input of my Axe and run it to the board through my guitar channel, as opposed to the vocal channel as usual. That way, I have control over the tone and effects applied.

Hello! Here are 3 of my preset with formants unit. 1. The main preset. pedal expression of management. 2. If you do not want to pedal control, adjust the envelop block under your guitar. 3. The preset as the first, but with the other formants. English is not my native language. All claims to the Google translator. I hope this is useful to someone

Attachments

• ALIBABA Pedal AA Q2.04.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 35
  • ALIBABA AVTO AA Q2.04.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 31
  • ALIBABA Pedal UIA AA Q2.04.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 31
I run my talk box mic into an input of my Axe and run it to the board through my guitar channel, as opposed to the vocal channel as usual. That way, I have control over the tone and effects applied.
Do you run a splitter or a,b box or? I do have a gcx switcher was thinking about putting my guitar input,mxr V box and maybe switch loops back and forth. Or a,b one into axe, one into VB and out into a cae mixer,Axefx out into mixer to poweramp. The only issue with this would be getting the VB to the PA

I use midi-controlled relays to bring the talk box in and out of the signal chain.

https://www.tindie.com/products/hot...nel-midi-to-relay-module/?pt=full_prod_search

When the relays are closed, my mic is sent to front of house (for regular vocal use), my guitar is sent to the input of the Axe (for regular guitar use), and my talkbox amp input is shorted to ground (so it doesn't blast needlessly in my ear). When the relays are open, my mic is disconnected from front of house and sent to the left input of the Axe (to process the signal from the tubing), and my guitar is routed through a Roland VG-99 distortion amp model into the talkbox amp and up the tube.

One switch on my midi controller re-configures everything.

Last edited:
Has anyone come up with any new talkbox presets? I have one of the MXR TALKBOXES haven't found a good way to use it with the axefx2. So I need a voice box for kickstart my heart
I just posted this last night. It looks like what you are after...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/a-helpful-preset-for-talkbox-users.114190/

I use my Talkbox in the FX Loop but I run the mic through the Axe Fx as well so I can get effects on that too. You could put epic reverbs or delay or maybe harmonizer could sound cool. This set up might seem like a bit of mucking around but that is how I use my rig for live stuff and it's awesome. I have a small Mic Pre on my pedal board just for this. Let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom