Any new acoustic IR’s out there? For Piezo guitar.

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
im trying to improve my piezo sound. I remember a few Taylor and Martin IR’s for the axe ii a few years back. I was curious if anyone came across or created anything new at all.

FYI, i hate piezo pups. Sounds terrible to my ears.

I had looked for the same and decided I need to try and learn to make an IR of my own guitars, so that is on my to-do list this week.

I’ve tried tone matching a video from Pete thorn recording his acoustic. It keeps coming out very boxy sounding. I think I’m setting it up wrong.

I’ve tried tone matching a video from Pete thorn recording his acoustic. It keeps coming out very boxy sounding. I think I’m setting it up wrong.
Make sure you’re using a completely dry recorded sound. It doesn’t take much reverb or other efffect to completely throw off a tone match.

If I’m running usb to the axe from the computer, and playing a YouTube video as the reference source. Should I set reference source to left only or sum left right?

If I’m running usb to the axe from the computer, and playing a YouTube video as the reference source. Should I set reference source to left only or sum left right?
Depends on how the recording was produced. I'd pick one channel that has nothing but one dry guitar. If no channel fits that description, I'd choose a different recording.

Can anyone guide me in converting Wav to Syx Files? I tried Cab Lab WAV2Syx but the Wav files are greyed out so I cant choose them. The same thing happens when I try to use Axe manage Cabs in Axe Edit 3. Its not allowing me to choose the Wav file from the 3Sigma download folder.

***Disregard post. Browser was hidden. I got it figured out

Last edited:
I created mine from scratch. I use a compressor, an EQ block into a cab, added reverb and minimal delay, finished off with EQ for FOH and guitar rig, to balance the tone.

Back
Top Bottom