Any more word on the new Atomic FR cabs?

Gasp100

Power User
Specifically the passive versions? I'm wondering if anything is shipping as of yet, I put my name on the waitlist a day or so ago so I don't expect to hear anything for a bit.

I was wondering the same thing... I'm dying for mine, but I only put my name on the list a week ago and a half ago. I hope my junk mail filter doesn't eat the email!

Gizmo said:
Ordered a pair of passive wedges last week. Hopefully will get them later this week.
Good to know! :D :D

Do you mind me asking how long you had been on the waiting list before you got personal invite?

Thanks!

Can't wait to hear some reviews of it. I am torn between the passive Atomic cabs and two Mesa Boogie 1x12's powered with a Rocktron Velocity 300.

brettllingle said:
Can't wait to hear some reviews of it. I am torn between the passive Atomic cabs and two Mesa Boogie 1x12's powered with a Rocktron Velocity 300.

HAHA... me too! I'm specifically looking at some of the Theile ported options with the EV speakers, but those suckers seem pretty heavy for such a small cab.
Yes, please get the reviews happening once the Atomic passive's arrive.

FWIW... I put in my request email on Oct 20th and was to receive them late November. However, there was a delay and as it turned out a nice one for me as I now prefer the wedges. I recieved my "it's time to order" invitation email March 29th.

The two active wedgies arrived today!!!! :shock: :D

Unfortunately the cables do not arrive until tomorrow. :cry:

Cables arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, I will not have a chance to give the wedges a try until the weekend. I am also currently in the process of buying a house (where I will have a studio/music room complete with the girlfriends blessing) I am temporarily at an apartment and want to be respectful of the neighbors and am swamped at work. I'll be sure to post some comments over the weekend. They sure are pretty!

I am a beginning guitarist so any observations will come from that reference point.

I got 2 MBs with 2 passive wedges last week. I only have a half dozen combo amps in my playing years to compare, but I must say it's the first time I have plugged and played completely happy - no buyers remorse here. They are loud - I can't reasonably get 'em past 9 O-clock.. The finish is top quality. They move some serious air - great response.. No complaints - Now where's my damn foot controller ( just kidding ) ... Great product especially at this price point. I can easily say I won't be in the market for another amp for a very long time.

My Powered Wedges will be here on Friday! I have the weekend off, so I'll be able to really dive into them then.

I just got my active wedges and these things sound GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! Right out of the box, turned the volume on each to about 1/4 and the tweeter on noon and they sound sah-weet! The factory patches sound amazing, my cleans sound great, My "classic crunch" channel is perfect, but my main distortion is not so good. I was actually happy to hear that it sucked because it means that they aren't just warming up my tone... they're exposing it for what it really is.

These babies are incredible!

I wasn't sure what to expect with using FRFR after 30 years of playing through various amps and cabs, but I got my passive wedge and a power amp on Tuesday and after a couple days of playing and trying mainly different factory and a few custom patches, I've only had my Ultra for about a month, this set-up is just damn right sweet.

As for the volume and air pressure, no worries there. I wear a hearing aide normally and even I said "Holy Sh*t" (nobody could hear me anyway) Plenty of headroom even with a heavy handed drummer and a bunch of deaf guys. :lol:

Can't wait to get another wedge and power amp for full stereo at home. Let's see, what else can I sell now? With my luck, the MFC will become available at the same time that I get the $ for the wedge & amp. Let's just hope... :D

btw - Can anyone tell an old guy how you put the little Ultra icon in your signature? I always get a message in the UCP that it couldn't determine the size of the Ultra photo that I saved out on a public web page. No big deal, just wondering...

ScottyB said:
I wasn't sure what to expect with using FRFR after 30 years of playing through various amps and cabs, but I got my passive wedge and a power amp on Tuesday and after a couple days of playing and trying mainly different factory and a few custom patches, I've only had my Ultra for about a month, this set-up is just damn right sweet.

As for the volume and air pressure, no worries there. I wear a hearing aide normally and even I said "Holy Sh*t" (nobody could hear me anyway) Plenty of headroom even with a heavy handed drummer and a bunch of deaf guys. :lol:

Can't wait to get another wedge and power amp for full stereo at home. Let's see, what else can I sell now? With my luck, the MFC will become available at the same time that I get the $ for the wedge & amp. Let's just hope... :D

btw - Can anyone tell an old guy how you put the little Ultra icon in your signature? I always get a message in the UCP that it couldn't determine the size of the Ultra photo that I saved out on a public web page. No big deal, just wondering...

I added it about 6 or 8 months ago, but when I edit it, I get the same message now.

Wow, so far so good on the early reviews for the passive gear + power amp; VERY GOOD! I will hang tight and save up for the passive cab... or maybe the wedge, I can't decide ;)
I have been doing some testing with a regular guitar cab and while I can definitely dial in some nice tones pretty quickly it's already kind of a pain having to bounce back and forth between my FRFR patches (for use through studio monitors) and my guitar cab patches (power amp ON, cabinet OFF, no PEQ, etc....). I much prefer one single set of patches that sound kick ass through everything.

Back
Top Bottom