Any Mike Campbell Presets?

Akstrat

Experienced
Care to share and Mike presets with me? Doing a Petty mini tribute set and I will be covering the leads. I thought he used AC30 amps a lot, but I have been seeing a BF Priceton and a mid 50's tweed on stage as of late? I hear a heavy delay as well in the lead work. Any help would be appreciated. I looked on Axe Change and could not find any?

I can’t help with your post but am replying so I can start a conversation. I am really struggling with programming the MFC 101

Sorry to bother your thread.

Cool that you are paying tribute to such an important artist.

I used to think he played Vox too... but apparently he mostly uses a Deluxe. Try this one, it's not for any specific song but I was playing around a lot w/ American Girl, Love is a Long Road, etc, and I use it w/ my band on Mary Jane's. I may have tweaked it slightly since then but it's pretty close. Of course, you'll want to adjust for your guitar/setup.

I can’t help with your post but am replying so I can start a conversation. I am really struggling with programming the MFC 101

Sorry to bother your thread.

Cool that you are paying tribute to such an important artist.
Hijacking someone's thread is not the way to get help.

Go to the MFC section and create a new thread.

I used to think he played Vox too... but apparently he mostly uses a Deluxe. Try this one, it's not for any specific song but I was playing around a lot w/ American Girl, Love is a Long Road, etc, and I use it w/ my band on Mary Jane's. I may have tweaked it slightly since then but it's pretty close. Of course, you'll want to adjust for your guitar/setup.

Thanks for your patch. I remember seeing him using a mid 50's Deluxe Wide Panel and I'm thinking he paired that with an EchoPlex, although I didn't see one? That seems to be a great combo for a lot of the guys. I'm thinking I may start with a tweed amp pushed into an overdriven state and add a bit of verb and delay. For the leads maybe drive the amp a bit more, a preamp, and a filter to boost the signal a little. I have some ideas and I'll try a figure out how to post a preset when I get close. I would love to get a good echoplex sound??

Just bumping this...I could go through and figure them out myself, but it would be awesome if someone with extensive knowledge of his rig had already set one up.

Back
Top Bottom